Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new tripod/mount.

Article about: Not exactly WW2 - this is a Yugo refurbished, technically, however, I believe it is actually Yugo post war construction. It arrived today beautifully packed and shipped quickly from IMA-USA

Default My new tripod/mount.

Not exactly WW2 - this is a Yugo refurbished, technically, however, I believe it is actually Yugo post war construction.
    It arrived today beautifully packed and shipped quickly from IMA-USA - Christian said they once had 75 of these, and are now down to the last three.
    I admit it is NOT for the hard core collector, but for novices like me this is awesome, much closer to authentic than the HK style post war lafettes.
    It has a heavy layer of cosmo on it, and I will be repainting it, for film work. Both the range plate and vin number are in Yugo, so I may trade those out for repro German ones.

I looked around for a long time trying to find one in my price range and did find cheaper ones in Europe, but shipping and customs issues more than made this a better option.

Interesting reading in the Musgrave & Oliver book, German Machine-guns, taking an LMG and mounting it on the Lafette converted it's official status to HMG. Nice to know i know I have an HMG!

That's all for today.

Pit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new tripod/mount.  
    Last edited by pitfighter; 04-10-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Default Re: My new tripod/mount.

Hey Pit, Very nice indeed, next a few pictures of a 42 sat on top of it! Great stuff, Jonathan.

Default Re: My new tripod/mount.

Soon, Severin, lol,

At the moment I cannot move it across the room, let alone assemble it, without getting black hands - cosmo.
    It will be cleaned in due course and lots of pictures taken.
    I am looking forward to setting it up, but am slammed with projects.
    My class 2 builder volunteered to strip and repaint it, so that is one job out of the way.

Repro carry straps, and German range and ID plates, wanted next.
    I'd like an orig fortress ammo tin, too.

Projects, projects!!!!

Pit.