MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My new WWII German Vis Radom P35 (p) - with provenance!

Article about: Hello everyone, I wanted to share my latest find with you all! Here is a Radom I have just picked up. It came exactly as is from the veteran's brother's home and was only discovered as his l

It would probably be safer and better to simply drop it into a box and ship it to Me....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    It would probably be safer and better to simply drop it into a box and ship it to Me....
    First: Wow!!!

Second: It could have a lay-over on the East Coast for a few weeks...so I can check it over to make its safe to shoot before it goes to William! Heaven forbid I don't lose it in the house somewhere.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

great Find!!!.

Thansks for sharing it with us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Wow...that is one Nice Radom! The Holster in that condition is worth some good value just by itself! The only thing I've ever found in cleaning out houses has been dust and mummified rats! A Wonderful find!
    Haha thanks William! Unfortunately I wasn't there when it was found, wish I could've been there - plus to someone who doesn't collect militaria (the vet's nephew), I bet it was a shock to him finding a live pistol in his loft, especially here in the UK - because vet bring-back firearms are like chicken teeth... and should've been handed over!! Thanks again

Thank you to everyone for the great comments and feedback, much appreciated! I'm glad this one could be saved, and I'm still researching into the history behind it and if it all checks out it could be even more interesting as a find than I first thought! Stay tuned for that

As for what has happened to it in light of our laws here, I'm afraid to say it has been deact. I know for many that is a sin of the highest magnitude, but I wanted rather to focus this thread on the pistol itself and the history behind it rather than sway into yet another debate on what should and shouldn't happen to these. I hope you understand. At the end of the day us collectors don't make the laws, and I just count myself lucky that I'm able to own it for the time being and that it wasn't melted down and scrapped, now that would've been a terrible shame to lose one like that.

?

I am going to stick my finger in the rat trap and say what i am thinking,- of cource it is only a unserious slip of the mind. - And of cource it is nooot serious ...Buuut i would most likely have forgot to turn this in if i found it. And i would never ever mentioned it on a open forum. This because i love the construction of weapons, and i find their history very important.

Like i said, only a slip of the mind- no reason to run me over with all these no-to-gun laws. I know them all.

That's a beauty Patrick!!

Steve

Cheers Steve, thank you!

I wonder if exporting highly-collectible firearms was ever an option after these drastic measures went into effect in your country. I shudder to think of how many were lost forever ...

I firmly believe the veteran would have preferred to have this tin buried with him rather than have it meet such an outcome.

Personally, I would have preferred to have it sawed in half and made into a useful and purdy book stand pair.

Well I can tell you for a start this one isn't "lost forever" as you put it, in fact it's sitting somewhere in the room above me right now! Lol

You can firmly believe whatever you want to, it is my opinion that the veteran would've just wanted it to be preserved (deact or not is irrelevant...) as a momento of his service life and what he risked his own life for during the war. He obviously took the time at one point to holster the gun up, place the ammo he picked up with it and all his service documents into his boat storage box (originally the tin for his sailors hats) neatly and securely to protect these items.

Your last comment really just contradicts what you said first off, but oh well, thanks for the reply anyway!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast