Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My own war souvenirs falklands 1982

Article about: Hello again fellas, This is some of my own personal war souvenirs I brought back in 1982 from the Falklands..30 years ago..time flies. I had my 21st birthday 0n the 29th March and the Argies

Default My own war souvenirs falklands 1982

Hello again fellas,
    This is some of my own personal war souvenirs I brought back in 1982 from the Falklands..30 years ago..time flies.
    I had my 21st birthday 0n the 29th March and the Argies landed a few days later and my Battalion 2 Para, we sat sail on a North Sea Ferry MV Norland a couple of weeks later.

The SLR is exactly how I carried mine and the bayonet is mine from 82.
    The Argy FN is one I bought here last year and the bayonet is part of th kit you see, webbing Helmet Bergen (Rucksack for mates overseas) The towel and items on it all belonged to one man. I had his rifle which was the folding butt Para FN hence the one you see.
    So both bayonets from Goose Green.

The Flag I took down from an Argentine position (Bunker) we took out.
    The Union Flag was wrapped around an Argentine soldier.
    When we arrived in Stanley (The first uniyt to do so I might add) we guarded Menendez in Government house.

The Camo Cap and bell are from his office the bell was on his desk.
    One of the swords I removed from Government house the other from Goose Green.
    I have shown the rifles before but not with the other items.

I hope you like them.
    I don't know weather I should have put them in the collection?

Regards

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My own war souvenirs falklands 1982   My own war souvenirs falklands 1982  

My own war souvenirs falklands 1982   My own war souvenirs falklands 1982  

Attached Images Attached Images My own war souvenirs falklands 1982  My own war souvenirs falklands 1982  My own war souvenirs falklands 1982 

Default Re: My own war souvenirs falklands 1982

Thank you for sharing your memories with us...You guys sure did a fine job in the Falklands...
    cheers, Glenn

Cracking stuff Jim, I was only born the next year but I love to read about the war. Malvinas my arse Do you happen to know a bloke called Nigel? I don't know his last name. I think he was also with 2 para on the islands. Massive guy he is, about 6'6 or more. Really nice guy that comes into my shop now and again.

I had one of those funny Argie bayonets until recently, were they to allow under barrel grenade launchers to be attached do you know?

Very interesting Jim, some nice booty there mate! I happen to know one of your Lance Corporals who was there at Goose Green back in '82, he got an MiD for that.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for sharing, you have some cool stuff! I read an artical about the falklands a year or two in American Rifle Magazine it was very interesting. Cheers, Robert

Super cool
    Cheers for posting.
    All the best
    Dave

Great stuff mare and very interesting story about where you got all these things. Thanks for sharing mate,

Dave.

?

My brother in law was with 3 Para but got posted to be Dair Farrar-Hockleys signaller throughout the conflict, I met Farrar-Hockley at Frimly, told him about my B-I-Law and he remembered him very well, said that he made fantastic currys and was a "Bloody good soldier", he gave me a note later on to pass to him saying he would like to hear from him, I found Dair Farrar -Hockley to be a terrific chap who had fond memories of all the guys under his command, his wife was a lovely woman who joked with us all through the Mess dinner, great collection youve got there mate

This is sensational stuff - thank you so much for sharing your collection and stories - what a phenomenal collection, and rare to see in private hands. I was eleven and living in the Uk when the conflict started, remember it vividly. Thank you for doing your bit, sir!

Awesome stuff!

Pit.

Hello Dave,
    I was with Dair Farrar Hockley on Sunday.
    We marched as part of the SAMA,South Atlantic Medal Association (Falklands Veterans) in Whitehall on Sunday.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast