Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My Panzerfaust

Article about: by timothy That's what it is referred to I don't know if there is a difference in military terms of it or it is the same that a trusty musket or Kentucky rifle takes I would think it is a lo

MAP
    ?

Default My Panzerfaust

Have always wanted one of these. Glad I was able to pick it up! The label is messed up, but otherwise it's pretty nice.

Always have trouble identifying which are the 60's and 100's.

Anyone know what this one is? Or what the markings on the warhead mean?

As always, any and all comments are welcome.

Regards,

Michael

My PanzerfaustMy PanzerfaustMy PanzerfaustMy PanzerfaustMy PanzerfaustMy Panzerfaust
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A nice example there, Michael !

I tool, would like to have some for my collection.

Wonder if this helps:

My Panzerfaust

Regards,
    Taka

MAP
    ?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    A nice example there, Michael !

I tool, would like to have some for my collection.

Wonder if this helps:

Regards,
    Taka
    Thanks Taka-san,

Yes, I've seen these. Read all the Panzerfaust threads I could find on WRF. Unless I'm missing the obvious, I see no difference between the 60 and the 100 from this picture (except the label color). As my label is so hard to read, I was hoping there were other obvious clues......

Regards,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The warhead looks slightly larger for the 100.

Or is it just me....

MAP
    ?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    The warhead looks slightly larger for the 100.

Or is it just me....
    I think it is just you Taka-san Just Kidding!

But even if it is....without one side by side with the other, It would be difficult to tell.

That said, I do remember readingthe other thread where you pulled the picture from that the 100 had a different metal tab holding the warhead on to the launching tube than the 60.

In the same thread Visniewski wrote the following:

"As I already written in responce to your question at wehrmacht-awards this is NOT a Pzf 60 but Pzf 100, or what left of it rather. As much as I respect your expertise Adrian Stevenson, the Pzf 60 had a different (perpendicular) sheet metal retainer for the warhead, whereas this one clearly shows longitudinal retainer. The warhead is in dire need of stabilizing fins, of which just nails reamined - the details were in the wehrmacht-awards post. As a denizen of over-the-iron-curtain part of Europe, where such contraptions still littered the forests at one time, I had fairly much to do with Pzf, and had in my collection most common models (30kl, 30gr, 60M and 100M - the 150s were unheard of in my neck of woods), including a Pzf100 like yours (but in MUCH better condition, ca. 80% sand-yellow paint on the tube with dark-green warhead showing rusty remnants of the instruction decal), which precipitated a close encounter of the 3rd kind with the powers-that-be which terminated my first militaria collection back there in 1980s :-) "

I'm trying to match up this tab on mine with the one on this link. (Panzerfaust help)

I'm leaning towards it being a 100 (really cool) vs a 60 (still cool)

Michael

?

Even with the damaged label it is still a very nice Panzerfaust.

Hummel

MAP
    ?

Quote by Hummel View Post
    Even with the damaged label it is still a very nice Panzerfaust.

Hummel
    Thanks! Yes it is. It's pretty solid. The only piece that is fragile is the sheet metal retainer but this is to be expected given how thin it is.

One day I will try to read the label and all the red stenciled writing on the tube. Just haven't had the time.

I want to build a wall mount for it next!

Michael

I have had both kinds of the 30's and one 60 be darn sure it is totally Deactivated there Michael just read a article either on here or somewhere else about a guy that still had the black powderpropellent in the tube I had mine checked out by a Ex EOD guy just a thought. Nice Faust by the way. timothy

MAP
    ?

Quote by timothy View Post
    I have had both kinds of the 30's and one 60 be darn sure it is totally Deactivated there Michael just read a article either on here or somewhere else about a guy that still had the black powderpropellent in the tube I had mine checked out by a Ex EOD guy just a thought. Nice Faust by the way. timothy
    Thanks Timothy! This one appears to be completely deactivated! That said, I know an expert and will have them look at it for peace of mind.

Michael

?

Quote by timothy View Post
    l just read a article either on here or somewhere else about a guy that still had the black powderpropellent in the tube
    timothy
    So these were fired with a black powder charge?????
    We are allowed to fire inert projectiles with Black powder....... HMMMMMMM:

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast