Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My Reminton Rand 1911

Article about: I've run about 100 Rnds through so far with only 1 stove pipe jam. All of the others I had jammed up alot with hollow points. One good thing about the .45 is that you usually only need 1 goo

Default My Reminton Rand 1911

My favorite pistol. This is the only 1911 I have ever been able to hit the broad side of a barn with. I don't shoot it very often but it performs very nicely when needed.

Enjoy

Burt
    My Reminton Rand 1911My Reminton Rand 1911My Reminton Rand 1911

?

Default Re: My Reminton Rand 1911

Rands are scarce and nice. Good quality guns.
    It sounds like you need to buy a nice custom 1911, so you can hit the broadside of a barn with something more contemporary than the old warhorse
    1911s rock! One of the best combat pistols ever!

?

1911's are sweet guns. I have only shot one in Denmark. Nothing wrong with that particular guns accuracy.

For the interested, her is a 1911 anniversary video from a guy that knows how to shoot them. No offense Burt

1911 Anniversary - YouTube

?

Big fan of the old warhorse here.
    But the basic government 1911 and 1911A1 are made for just that purpose; war - i.e. a reliable relatively crude instrument with sloppy tolerances for use in the hands of relatively untrained personnel.
    The tolerances insures no jams in a gritty, muddy war situation.
    But the basic military 1911 from WWI & WWII are worlds apart from a modern finely tuned Wilson custom 1911 with tight tolerances which hardly would permit a pubic hair being inserted in the rails between the frame and slide. Especially in the hands of a shooting deity like Rob Leatham.
    Apart from that, I think Alvin York did a pretty good job with the instrument he had, which was perfect for the job at hand.

?

Great looking pistol!! I have a RR, too, and love it!!

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    For the interested, her is a 1911 anniversary video from a guy that knows how to shoot them. No offense Burt

1911 Anniversary - YouTube
    Sorry, but that was like watching a snail
    Check this out:
    Todd Jarrett on El Presidente drill and Rob Leatham - YouTube
    Colt Speed Event: Rob Leatham vs. Enoch Smith - YouTube
    IPSC USPSA Todd Jarrett - YouTube
    Rob Letham - YouTube

Ohhh, and I have to throw in Miculek on revolver because I was talking speed and am a big fan of .45 ACP revolvers. I talked to the Jerry at the SHOT Show in Vegas and he is amazingly down to earth considering his taalent and his status in the shooting fraternity.
    His shooting times and reloading are simply staggering. He is hitting hits targets BTW. This is not just firing into the wild blue yonder. I have shot the 625 in .45ACP quite a bit as well as many many thousands of rounds through various 1911s. I could never in my wildest dreams approach this speed:
    World Record 12 Shots In Under 3 Seconds - YouTube

?

[QUOTE=Scout;531443]Sorry, but that was like watching a snail

No problem. I have seen R Leatham in action. Very impressive. I just like Hickock45's videos. Lot's of good info there. He's a retired competition shooter.

Thanks for all the great comments. I teach NRA Pistol classes and I could never shoot like those guys. It always blows my mind to see such skill in shooting a big bore handgun. I have had 5 WWII 1911's and this one is a head above all the others in accuracy and reliability. Once in a while you get one that has not been trashed. This is one of them.

Thanks

Burt

Nice piece, Burt. I love the 1911.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Repeating the words of other respected Forum members, great old warhorse...A sturdy GI pistol that still serves in various countries around the globe...
    Burt, i noticed that you have hollow-points in the mag. How does she perform with them ?
    Best regards, Thanos.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast