Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My SKS

Article about: This is also one of the Russian arsenal rebuilds, with all the usuall markings including the import markings. The reciever cover is dated 1950. It came in an early hardwood stock. This is a

Johnnie
    ?

Default My SKS

This is also one of the Russian arsenal rebuilds, with all the usuall markings including the import markings. The reciever cover is dated 1950. It came in an early hardwood stock. This is a good shooter except for extremely heavy trigger pull. A few days ago on the range I was able to keep all the rounds in a four inch circle at 100 yds, off the bench, but I had to really work for it. One of my favorite shooters.

Johnnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My SKS   My SKS  

My SKS   My SKS  

My SKS   My SKS  

My SKS   My SKS  

My SKS  

Default Re: My SKS

Hi Johnnie, I like these little rifles although they do get overshadowed by both earlier and later weapons.

I got to shoot one of these last year on a 200m range and I really enjoyed shooting it. I only got to shoot a couple of mags though.

What I do like to see is the way the whole series of Soviet semi auto/full auto rifles evolved into the AK. The gas system and hand guard of these really shows that evolution.

Cheers, Ade.

Johnnie
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Johnnie, I like these little rifles although they do get overshadowed by both earlier and later weapons.

I got to shoot one of these last year on a 200m range and I really enjoyed shooting it. I only got to shoot a couple of mags though.

What I do like to see is the way the whole series of Soviet semi auto/full auto rifles evolved into the AK. The gas system and hand guard of these really shows that evolution.

Cheers, Ade.
    Indeed! These are extremely reliable also. The stripper clips can be a pain though. Some of them are difficult to strip rounds out of. I have put the easy ones to the side for this SKS. A guy taught me a trick on the difficult strippers. Take an empty steel cartridge case, put a small amount of valve grinding fluid on the rim and run it up and down the inside of the stripper. Loosens them right up!

Johnnie

That is indeed a great tip. Not heard that one before. Thanks!

Cheers, Ade.

?

Nice rifle,I used to have one of those,now I have an SKS-M. The model that takes AK magazines.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Johnnie
    ?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Nice rifle,I used to have one of those,now I have an SKS-M. The model that takes AK magazines.
    I bought one of the Chinese fixed 20 rd replacement mags, but it never funtioned properly. Your model that takes the AK mags is a good one. I have heard that many were issue to Chinese militia units.

Johnnie

?

Hi, I believe the militia units would have used the SKS-D models as the SKS-M had a sporting stock and no bayonet.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Nice rifle. I have one from 1952. (soviet issue) I was thinking about putting one of those really neat Russian scopes on mine. They have them on Ebay for a few hundred dollars... Good idea?

Johnnie
    ?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Hi, I believe the militia units would have used the SKS-D models as the SKS-M had a sporting stock and no bayonet.
    I'm sure you are right. I havn't kept up with the various Chinese models. I was only refering to the adaption for the use of AK mags. I have always disliked the Chinese cruciform bayonet they used on their SKSs and AKs we encountered in Vietnam. Although I understand that first run Chinese SKSs had the Russian style blade bayonet. Now THAT would certaily be a collector's item. Wouldn't suprise me a bit if Bill has one stashed away somewhere!

Regards,

Johnnie

Johnnie
    ?

Quote by kevmo View Post
    Nice rifle. I have one from 1952. (soviet issue) I was thinking about putting one of those really neat Russian scopes on mine. They have them on Ebay for a few hundred dollars... Good idea?
    Many of these rifles have the inherent capacity for pretty good accuracy. If your rifle is in original military conditon, as long as you don't have to make unreversable changes, why not?
    But keep in mind that they will never be "sniper grade" accurate.

Johnnie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast