Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My special machine gun : AKQ

Article about: Hello ! This is my special AKQ. Just use by the Vietnamese anti Chinese-army force ! lenght : about 60cm weigh : about 3,5kg (no ammo) used 7,62x39mmm , 7,62×25mm Tokarev, 5,56×45mm NATO . I

Default Re: My special machine gun : AKQ

In VIetnam war,the VC guerrilla used one kind of " gun" that they called " súng ngựa trời" ( sky horse gun?) . The gun made by water pipes or old gun barrel , they put explosives to fire !!

?

Sounds a little dodgy too me!!!.. But if it worked then good going!!..I just wonder how VC guerillas were killed fring it?? Cheers Terry.

?

Cool looking AK Nice relic condition. Is it from those that were assembled in "filed" (in case of Vietnam, that would be jungle, I guess)? I have read about those AKs and TTs but never saw any.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Sounds a little dodgy too me!!!.. But if it worked then good going!!..I just wonder how VC guerillas were killed fring it?? Cheers Terry.
    I just know that a lot of US soldiers were died!
    Cheers Quoc

?

Quote by chu linh chi View Post
    I just know that a lot of US soldiers were died!
    Cheers Quoc
    We killed a hell of a lot more vietnamese soldiers than the vietnamese ever killed Americans.
    The majority of the vietnamese carried chicom rifles and sks semi autos than ak47s. That myth is just Hollywood bullcrap.
    Was there and know.
    We killed and wounded 3/4s of the communist soldiers during the Tet offensive in Janurary and Feburary of 68 and really kicked the vietnamese communists butts during their 2nd major offensive in May of the same year when they tried to take advantage of the news media declaring we were fought to a stand still during Tet. Which was bull$hit. There were piles of rotting vietnamese communist soldiers bodies every where.
    Personally I enjoyed killing communist soldiers and was very good at it. The only so called victory of the vc was when they took Hue and murdered 10,000 civilians with heavy hammers. Our Marines went back in and kicked them out of there. There were thousands and thousands of murdered civilian bodies left in ditches after the vc were defeated in Hue.

My Dad was a Company Commander with the 25th Infantry and has an NVA Officer and a VC to his credit...still has the officer's pistol too...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by SteveR View Post
    We killed a hell of a lot more vietnamese soldiers than the vietnamese ever killed Americans.
    The majority of the vietnamese carried chicom rifles and sks semi autos than ak47s. That myth is just Hollywood bullcrap.
    Was there and know.
    We killed and wounded 3/4s of the communist soldiers during the Tet offensive in Janurary and Feburary of 68 and really kicked the vietnamese communists butts during their 2nd major offensive in May of the same year when they tried to take advantage of the news media declaring we were fought to a stand still during Tet. Which was bull$hit. There were piles of rotting vietnamese communist soldiers bodies every where.
    Personally I enjoyed killing communist soldiers and was very good at it. The only so called victory of the vc was when they took Hue and murdered 10,000 civilians with heavy hammers. Our Marines went back in and kicked them out of there. There were thousands and thousands of murdered civilian bodies left in ditches after the vc were defeated in Hue.
    Hi Steve,

Just for you, some excellent newly rediscovered photo's from the Vietnam war.( You have to check answer an ad around photo 4 to continue, no problem though.)

A soldier's eye: rediscovered pictures from Vietnam - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Steve,

Just for you, some excellent newly rediscovered photo's from the Vietnam war.( You have to check answer an ad around photo 4 to continue, no problem though.)

A soldier's eye: rediscovered pictures from Vietnam - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks for the link Ned.
    It brings back memories of youth gone by. Heat, sweat, bugs and other discomforts. I wish I had taken pictures of the tin building one story bars and whore houses now. A lot of fond memories there.
    I like the pictures of the kids. Kids are always kids. A breath of fresh air during times of serious $hit. They are all grown now in their late 40s.

The VC improvised weapon 'sky horse gun' sounds like it was meant to fire at helicopters? Maybe the name comes from the insignia of 1st Air Cav?

Vietnam is a very interesting conflict and one that I have neglected to study in detail until now. I think I will change that.

?

Some amazing photos there Mr Big...Just all looks a little mental...I have served myself on Jobs ..But this place looks like it from another planet??? Cheers Terry.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast