Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

my sweedish m96 mauser

Article about: i baught this rifle at a show in april i paid \\$210 US and was wondering what you guys think about it and if it was a agood buy

Default Re: my sweedish m96 mauser

thanks a bunch lou. i realy want to go shoot it but i dont have a job right now and dont want to spend a dollar a round to shoot it
    the cheepest i have found was wolf amo on the internet for 18.99 but with S/H it was 24 somthin for a 20 round box
    do you guys know if it would be okay if i used that type of ammo or should i use older rounds

I just buy the "Norma" brass and reload; it is a hell of a lot cheaper + you can tailormake the round that does best with your rifle! HTH

thanks agin lou. i was also wondering what kind of markings should i look for on a m96 bayonet for this rifle

Have a question; the barrel crown of the swedish mausers that I have seen always have threads; in the first picture of this thread started by MR MATT; there is a circular object beside the rifle crown; is this a"crown protector"? to be threaded on to use when cleaning the barrel........TIA

the cap is for the bayonet to be mounted on so as not to hurt the threading there was a training atachment that threaded on to the end with holes in it because the blanks they use had a wooden projectile that would splinter out of the end but. since i have the cap i baught a bayonet for it as well it is also posted hear
    hope this helps lou

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12