Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

My weapon collection,enjoy.....

Article about: Adrian Sir, Is this you by any chance?? Fort Nelson - PPSh-41 sub machinegun - 2ndguards.com - YouTube Apologies if this has already been discussed !

4md
    ?

Default Re: My weapon collection,enjoy.....

Awesome collection Terry, some real beauties there

Here is a picture of my recenty aquired PPSh- 41, nice 1944 dated example with matching numbers all around, nice age and wear to the dark beech stock I think. Has definatley been used, cant see any soviet refurb markings. Made at the Molot ( Hammer ) Factory, Vyatskie Polyanu. Outdoor pictures not so good, not sure why! Fully working trigger mechanism but does not dry fire unfortunately.

?

Thats a good looking 1,I like this SMG...never fired 1 but it looks & feels good...not too many pennies either....lol... thanks for showing....Terry.

Hi Terry, I have fired the PPSh41 live on the range. They are good out to 200m and I could hit a three man advancing target with no problem, just walking the rounds onto the target. I also fired the MP40 the same afternoon: the muzzle climb was much less on the '41. But recoil did seem less on the MP40 though. I also got to use the Soviet PPS the same day: this was my favourite and I put over 200 rounds down this and it was faultless.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Terry

Yes really like my PPSh-41, it has a really good aged feel to it, plenty of wear around the pistol grip area, really shows it age but in a good way ! Good luck with the MP40, ive been looking at those myself !

Ade, you are a lucky guy !!!! Cant you arrange some kind of demonstration ! Sounds good with the PPs, i have a nice 44 dated PPs also, built at the Scetmach Factory, Moscow. It does feel alot lighter than the PPsH-41

I like these 2 short video's

PPSH 41 - YouTube

PPS-43 - YouTube
    Last edited by Totenhead; 08-15-2012 at 02:49 PM.

?

Lucky man Ade, I had a look at those vids, what a pair weapons...very fast the PPSH41...not sure about the amount of ammo 1 would have to carry into battle???... I take it they are both from the same family???..I didnt know it had single & auto!! learn something new eveeryday cheers Guys...

PPSh41's are selective fire, but the PPS is full auto only, but with the slower rate of fire of 600rpm, you can easily squeeze off just a couple of rounds at a time.

The usual ammo load was one 71 round drum in the gun and one spare drum mag on the belt: spare loose rounds were carried in the pockets or pack. The later 35 round stick mags were better and did make the gun quicker to load. One in the gun and three on the belt. The PPS mag was superior though having a double stack, making it easier to fill. Sadly while the 7.62 x 25 rounds were interchangable, the mags were not.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Fine collection you have there. I am sure even deacts are quite pricey over there. I realize due to lousy regulations it stinks not being able to fire them but you still have the real deal and that is far better than nothing at all to collectors. Have a 98k given to me by my father-in-law that is all matching and I have no intention of firing it. They are getting to valuable over here. Many were sporterized for hunting years back ruining collector value. All matching ones can go as high as $1200 or more in USA. Thanks for showing your fine pieces and best of luck adding to your collection.

?

Interesting Ade,I didnt know that until watching that vid...I wondered what that catch was for!!! but I didnt lose any sleep so presumed it was the safety catch lol...cheers... Mr Mauser thanks for the reply..I wish to have live firing weapons...1 weekend every couple of months would be a hoot!! but it isnt happening in this country....lol....I you have any pictures of your rifle stick them on here...Cheers Terry.

Hi Terry, the PPSh41 safety catch is located on the cocking handle (the knurled part): it moves in and out and can lock the bolt in place either in the forward or backwards cocked position. As you will know ALL SMG's are inheritly dangerous especially with the bolt fowards and a full mag in place. The bolt should be locked down on safe until you need to fire. Otherwise knock or drop the gun and it will go BANG!

Cheers, Ade.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast