Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My WW2 deact gun collection

Article about: As my wife bought me TWO guns this Christmas (an SVT-40 and a Mosin Nagant carbine - I have obviously been a good boy) I now have sixteen and feel that this can be called a collection in its

Default My WW2 deact gun collection

As my wife bought me TWO guns this Christmas (an SVT-40 and a Mosin Nagant carbine - I have obviously been a good boy) I now have sixteen and feel that this can be called a collection in its own right! (I know it's not as impressive as some of the collections on here, but it is mine). As I deleted all of the images off of my previous thread it is easier to start a new one. There's nothing fancy or expensive unfortunately but some of you might be interested!
    For our foreign friends (especially those in the US) all of the guns are deactivated as per the law in the UK. Some are 'old spec', that is to say that they can be partially stripped, can be cocked and dry fired, however, have the firing pin removed, the bolt sheared off and the barrel welded up or filled. The others are 'new spec' which have the bolt welded in place, can't be cocked or dry fired (although interestingly the Mosin Nagant carbine I got for Christmas was deactivated this year but does dry fire).
    They are as follows:

1943 Enfield .38 'hammerless' revolver (old spec)
    Sten Mk 2 (old spec)
    Sten Mk 3 (old spec)
    1942 Lee Enfield .303 No4 Mk1 (old spec)
    1943 Lee Enfield .303 No4 Mk1 'Long Branch' (old spec)
    1944 'Inglis' Bren (old spec)
    1943 Mauser Kar 98 'BNZ' (old spec)
    1942 PPSH 41 (new spec)
    1944 PPS 43 (new spec)
    1942 Mosin Nagant 91/30 (old spec)
    1941 SVT-40 (new spec)
    1944 Mosin Nagant carbine (new deact but dry fires!)
    1928M1A1 Thompson (new spec)
    1943 M1 Carbine 'Inland' (new spec)
    1942 Italian Carcona carbine in a mauser stock!?

and a 1866 Fusil modèle 1866 Chassepot rifle - not WW2 I know, but I like to think of some poor French resistance fighter lugging it about!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW2 deact gun collection   My WW2 deact gun collection  

My WW2 deact gun collection   My WW2 deact gun collection  

My WW2 deact gun collection  

Default Re: My WW2 deact gun collection

Lovely collection, especially the Soviet weapons Just incase you are not aware, the SVT40 you have has sniper rails on either side of it

Thanks for sharing your collection

Danny

Does it for me, I love guns
    Ben

You have a fine collection of iconic weapons there-here in Australia although you can collect live pistols and bolt action rifles, you can't have SMGs, auto rifles or machine guns and now these can't be brought into the country even if deactivated-means that whatever is here just skyrockets in value-you're fortunate you can still get any of the weapons you want at a reasonable price.

PS Very unlikely the Chassepot saw any use after the Franco-Prussian war of 1870-71-just too old and outdated-some of the following Gras M1871 rifles did see reserve/training use in WW1 and even in 1939-40 but these had been rebarrelled for the 8mm Lebel round. Black powder just didn't cut it anymore.

The Chassepot found its way into my collection via my father - he brought it back from 'somewhere' in the 1960's / 70's, he spent a lot of time in the Middle East so I assume it came from somewhere out there.

?

Mr Grimebox, lovely weapons collection - very similar to mine (great minds think alike lol) cheers Terry

Nice collection Grimebox, your Mosin Nagant rifle should dry fire. The deac rules in the UK can be split into 2 types as you know, Old spec is pre Oct 95 and New Spec is post Oct 95. All types of guns were affected but some more than others, manually operated rifles had minor spec changes which didn't really affect the dry functioning, revolvers and semi pistols had similar minor changes, LMGs, MMGs, HMGs had extra small things carried out like removing locking shoulders etc. The biggest changes were to SMGs and Semi auto rifles (Bipod mounted rifles remained classed as LMGs) which were welded up and could not be dry fired.

Did you know your Bren has a Butt Mk4 from the Bren Mk3 fitted? It would have had a Butt Mk3 for Bren Mk2 fitted originally.

Many thanks for the clarification on the deact specs. I was aware that the Bren didn't have the correct butt (but didn't know which one). The Bren is made by Inglis, is there any reason why it has a different butt and do you think I should look for a Mk3 butt?

?

Nice collection and variety,Love the Thompson !

Great collection. I would love to own some of the examples you have here but as Lithgow said, here in Australia its just not going to happen. Great Iconic weapons there.

Jason

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast