Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nagant Revolver, 1926

Article about: by theotherhomer I haven't seen any Belgian made ones before, I'll be on the look out for them. I've got a feeling these Nagant revolvers will be just as addicting as collecting the 91/30s o

Default Nagant Revolver, 1926

Excuse the bad cell phone picture, but after going to atleast 5 gun stores I was about to leave the last one and gave the revolvers a quick look over and saw this one. 150 OTD, came with its holster and cleaning rod and other things. The bore looks unfired, most likely a replacement barrel. can't wait to go pick it up next week
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nagant Revolver, 1926  

?

Default Re: Nagant Revolver, 1926

Very nice new addition !

Kind regards
    Alex

Nice pick up!

Regards

a very fine nagant can't wait for more pictures

Thanks guys ! I forgot to mention this was the first Nagant Revolver I've seen in my area for sale in the 2 years I've collected rifles

Nice piece! Is it a Russian or a Belgian example, 5 or 6 shots?

It's a Tula, has the 7 shot cylinder

The Tula's are Russian made, and have a stiff trigger pull I've been told. Funny how everywhere I go lately everybody is buying Nagant revolvers; they are popping up all over the place lately. They were also made in Belgium, same model but a different caliber, and with one shot less. These Belgian Nagants seem to go for a lot more than the Russian ones, thats why I asked.

I haven't seen any Belgian made ones before, I'll be on the look out for them. I've got a feeling these Nagant revolvers will be just as addicting as collecting the 91/30s or the M44s

The various Belgian made and Swedish Husqvarna made Nagant revolvers are a different weapon from the M1895 Nagant-they are conventional revolvers without the 'gas seal' feature of the Russian model i.e. the cylinder doesn't move forward over the end of the barrel when the trigger is pulled-only the Russian models have 7 rounds in the cylinder-some very early M1895s were made in Belgium but the vast majority were made at Tula and Izhevsk-they were made by the million over the 50 years of production and are thus far more common than the other more conventional models, although the Swedish versions are often found in good to excellent condition as they saw no active combat service and were well maintained.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast