Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nagant Revolver to share, nothing pretty

Article about: I picked up a rough Russian Nagant model 1895 revolver made in 1940. Most of the finish is gone along with the lanyard loop but it is not import marked. I do not often see many guns or nice

Default Nagant Revolver to share, nothing pretty

I picked up a rough Russian Nagant model 1895 revolver made in 1940. Most of the finish is gone along with the lanyard loop but it is not import marked. I do not often see many guns or nice examples without import markings or that have been re-blued. Now the search begins for a lanyard loop. Any help is appreciated.
    John

Nagant Revolver to share, nothing prettyNagant Revolver to share, nothing prettyNagant Revolver to share, nothing prettyNagant Revolver to share, nothing prettyNagant Revolver to share, nothing pretty

if you think that is rough, you have a strange idea about what is rough! A nice gun!

PRE
    ?

I like it, it looks very genuine.

I like it too. were these blued or was it an oxide type finish?...

I thought they were blued but am not sure of the bluing process that was used. It seems to wear off easier than other types bluing from other countries.
    John

Really is a great looking gun John. Has that fabulous worn look but still in great shape.

Thank you for the comments. Does anyone know of a source for a lanyard loop ring. I have checked gunparts corp, apex, outback, flea-bay, and gun broker. Any help is appreciated.
    John

?

Any ring of the good size could "do the job". Besides an airsoft (co2) model exists with a similar ring.
    Last edited by Narcis; 10-08-2018 at 08:39 PM.

?

Great looking pistol John. It has honest wartime wear to it.

I have also been checking every parts place and have not had any luck finding the ring.

I'll keep looking

Semper Fi
    Phil

hi John
    really nice revolver im looking for a good one here in England but the prices are flying up, the last one i was offered was as rough as old boots so left it where it was .