Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nambu type 94 20.5 Date square back

Article about: This is a Japanese Nambu Type 94 that was produced in May of 1945; production ended in June 1945. Approximately 700 produced in May. The gun has all of the late war features including the sq

Default Nambu type 94 20.5 Date square back

This is a Japanese Nambu Type 94 that was produced in May of 1945; production ended in June 1945. Approximately 700 produced in May. The gun has all of the late war features including the square back cocking knob which started in January of 1945. I have one about 300 earlier than this that has the same features. This one does not have the shortened grip variation that I have been trying to find but is in good condition and I would guess it was never issued. All of the wear is likely post war storage. I do not have any history of the gun, unfortunately. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

Nambu type 94 20.5 Date square backNambu type 94 20.5 Date square backNambu type 94 20.5 Date square backNambu type 94 20.5 Date square backNambu type 94 20.5 Date square backNambu type 94 20.5 Date square backNambu type 94 20.5 Date square back

Does look in decent shape and also nice overall finish for late war production. Interesting to note the variations in the same model over the years.

?

Very Nice. I have only handled 1 of those. Not sure if its true , But was told by the owner that the linkage on the left side has to do with the firing of the weapon and it can be accidentally fired by manipulating that. Is that true John??

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 11-12-2019 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Spelling correction!!!

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Very Nice. I have only handled 1 of those. Not sure if its true , But was told by the owner that the linkage on the left side has to do with the firing of the weapon and it can be accidentally fire by manipulating that. Is that true John??

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Yes, it is true that you can fire the pistol with the exposed sear. I cannot demonstrate in photos but press the sear on the side and it will release the hammer. The wide spread stories of this being a dangerous firearm were widely blown out of proportion. You need to press fairly hard on a small area to make it happen. Yes this could have happened but could not have been a common occurrence.
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Very Nice. I have only handled 1 of those. Not sure if its true , But was told by the owner that the linkage on the left side has to do with the firing of the weapon and it can be accidentally fire by manipulating that. Is that true John??

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I e heard the same Phil

Great pickup John. Congrats
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)