Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

need help with firearm identification

Article about: The Japanese even had a training bayonet for these rifles as well... The Training rifle and training bayonet was a cottage industry program, designed to get everyone involved in the militari

redrover44
    ?

Default need help with firearm identification

Hello all.. im new to the war era rifle collecting.. and came across this rifle.. it was given to me by a coworker who claimed it was a chinese rifle from ww2.. after looking at a few pictures, i think its a Japanese Arisaka.. but im not 100% sure.. this bad boy is old.. and missing the bolt.. im hoping someone can point me in the direction of the origin of this rifle and the possibilty of getting a bolt and sights for it.. i have not taken the entire rifle apart yet but so far i see nothing about caliber or anything else.. just some chinese/japanese symbols on the reciever and the stock.. and a serial number (A843) which matches on the butt plate, floor plate, and reciever.. i can not get a clear picture of the three symbols on top of the receiver and cannot find anything that seems to match it. i do see what appears to be either an L or a 1 followed by a 2 stamped further up the receiver towards the barrel.. and also that the hand guard is nailed into the stock.. sling mounts are also both mounted on the bottom of the stock instead of having the rear mounted on the side of the stock which seems to be common in the ww2 pictures ive seen..thanks in advance for any informatio!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need help with firearm identification   need help with firearm identification  

need help with firearm identification   need help with firearm identification  

need help with firearm identification   need help with firearm identification  

need help with firearm identification  

Default Re: need help with firearm identification

My god, can u not do a simple search on the net , or what.

I dont mean to sound rude or anything, but so many people that dont do a simple google search on the items they post.

I did a simple google search, and came up with at least 7 pages on that rifle......

?

This is a Japanese Arisaka type 38 rifle,but it appears to be a training rifle not to be used with live ammunition.These were only used to fire blanks.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I think you are correct ............. a Japanese Arisaka !

Regards, Steve.

DO A SIMPLE SEARCH YOUR SELF, AND QUIT WASTING OUR TIME.

Brian..

redrover44
    ?

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    My god, can u not do a simple search on the net , or what.

I dont mean to sound rude or anything, but so many people that dont do a simple google search on the items they post.

I did a simple google search, and came up with at least 7 pages on that rifle......
    i do believe if you read my post it says that i searched for pictures and the arisaka was the closest matching it.. the problem was that it was not exact and i could not find anything that matched the symbols stamped on it.. so rather than paging through the 83,000 results from the google search to find out when/where it was made, i thought i might find an expert on here to give me a hand.. so i would like to deeply apologize for the time you wasted on clicking this thread, searching google, and posting a reply.. not to be rude, or anything

Brian..
    I am also meaning no offense, but there are several rifles in the Arisaka family. Also, you can learn by asking questions. And this is indeed an Arisaka Type 38 training rifle.

Brian..
    There are many collectors that are on this forum because of it's friendly atmosphere, and it's outreach to collectors of all degrees of knowledge...I do not allow rudeness or flaming of others...This forum is for learning about various firearms and accessories, any question on any firearm etc, is not waisting any of our time...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

The weapon is most definately a Japanese Type 38 style Training Rifle... Cal. 6.5 black powder reduced charge blank round....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    There are many collectors that are on this forum because of it's friendly atmosphere, and it's outreach to collectors of all degrees of knowledge...I do not allow rudeness or flaming of others...This forum is for learning about various firearms and accessories, any question on any firearm etc, is not waisting any of our time...BILL
    Agreed, thank you, Bill.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast