Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

need help with italian vet bringback

Article about: hey guys, is this a carcano? what model is it? i have no idea and i would apprciate it if someone could help me out. its been driving me crazy trying to find this out in my own... plus what

Default need help with italian vet bringback

hey guys, is this a carcano? what model is it? i have no idea and i would apprciate it if someone could help me out. its been driving me crazy trying to find this out in my own... plus what kind of bayonet is this?

thanks,
    mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need help with italian vet bringback  

?

Default Re: need help with italian vet bringback

It`s a French Berthier 1892 model in 8mm Lebel cal. I think that is the right bayonet for it.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

It does resemble a French made 1907/15 M34 Cal 7.5x54, a little bit i was thinking.

Brian

?

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    It does resemble a French made 1907/15 M34 Cal 7.5x54, a little bit i was thinking.

Brian
    Hi Brian,the model 34 was a modification of the 1907/15,which was a mod. of the 1892.The 34 has an internal mauser type magazine,the rifle posted has the 5 shot clip berthier mag.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

thanks a lot guys, any idea on the value on the rifle and bayonet together? id like to make an offer on them both... the bore is nice and shiny, like it was fired a few times in WWII and never used again

?

I have no Idea of the value,sorry...Pete
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Actually Berthier 1907/15 was developed from Berthier 1907 Fusil des Tiralleurs Senegalais modele 1907 which was first made for french colonial troops. Most likely first model was just plain modele 1907 and it was modiefied 1915 with 5-round magazine. It is sama family as Berthier 1892-carbines but not developed from it. This frech rifle family is a enless junktion on modifiees and trenformees - changes and rechanges. First ones were how ever Carabine de Cavalerie Mle 1890, Carabine de Cuirassiers Mle 1890 and Carabine de Gendarmerie Mle 1890.