Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need help on k98 mauser

Article about: as long as it is imported from a uk dealer to a us dealer then to the customer with the correct paperwork it is easy ,, infact it is harder to export / import a deactivated fire arm than a l

Default need help on k98 mauser

I have a chance to buy a k98 mauser for 275 U.K., but I can't find a conversion to U.S. dollars, can anyone help me out, I would appreciate it very much, thank's.

Marty

Default Re: need help on k98 mauser

thats about 425.00 US dollars....

?

That would be $425 US.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

thank's guy's, I forgot it has what looks like the makers mark on it,
    DOT, any clue on that, the one I have is BNZ, I found out what that was, I'm just learning all this in depth german stuff. thank's , I really appreciate it because you guy's know your stuff.oh yeah if it's from England, isn't it made not to shoot.

regards
    Marty

?

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    thank's guy's, I forgot it has what looks like the makers mark on it,
    DOT, any clue on that, the one I have is BNZ, I found out what that was, I'm just learning all this in depth german stuff. thank's , I really appreciate it because you guy's know your stuff.oh yeah if it's from England, isn't it made not to shoot.

regards
    Marty
    Hi Marty

Short answer is YES, if you are buying your K98 from an English address/dealers it WILL NOT be able to be fired and will be a full de-act. Depending on when the deac was done will dictate how far you can go with stripping it down also.
    There are other more qualified people on here who can give you a rundown on what the deactivation process is in the UK.

Sorry I cant be more help

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Hi Marty

Short answer is YES, if you are buying your K98 from an English address/dealers it WILL NOT be able to be fired and will be a full de-act. Depending on when the deac was done will dictate how far you can go with stripping it down also.
    There are other more qualified people on here who can give you a rundown on what the deactivation process is in the UK.

Sorry I cant be more help

Regards etc

Ian D

thank's jimpy, i guess I will have to pass, I bought one that was armory refurbished, with a cleaning kit, oiler kit, a double ammo pouch set=4 in all & 2 sets of mosin ammo pouchs, sling, etc, he even threw in a box of ammo, but i only paid 600.00 american, and I can shoot it all day. I appreciate your info.oh yeah mine has an ss strike on it

best regards
    Marty

?

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    thank's jimpy, i guess I will have to pass, I bought one that was armory refurbished, with a cleaning kit, oiler kit, a double ammo pouch set=4 in all & 2 sets of mosin ammo pouchs, sling, etc, he even threw in a box of ammo, but i only paid 600.00 american, and I can shoot it all day. I appreciate your info.oh yeah mine has an ss strike on it

best regards
    Marty

Youre welcome Marty.

I guess that also means that you will now have to post up some pics now then mate

Regards etc

Ian D

actually jimpy its possible it is a working model the gun dealing is still legal for export purposes in the uk i know one guy with a ware house full of toys lol mg42s 98s 34s plus modern stuff all for export purposes only

?

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    actually jimpy its possible it is a working model the gun dealing is still legal for export purposes in the uk i know one guy with a ware house full of toys lol mg42s 98s 34s plus modern stuff all for export purposes only

Thanks for that info mate.

Looks like I may be able to get the fully functioning L1A1 FN-SLR that I want after-all.............if I move abroad that is

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Youre welcome Marty.

I guess that also means that you will now have to post up some pics now then mate

Regards etc

Ian D

yeah, I have a bare bones computer, it's all a bunch of parts put together, got to see if I can get my neighbor to help me out,and most of my stuff is U.S., I do have 6 k-98 bayonets, one dress, my helmet, about 850 rounds of 8mm ammo,and an old german can opener. thank's again. I like it here, because i'm new to this, the wife hates it, but oh well.
    thank's again
    Marty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast