Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help tracking my Garand manufactuer date

Article about: Hi guys, Since I'm in New Mexico right now I was able to get a look at my M1, its made by Winchester the serial number is: 2475148, could anyone help me trace its info and other things?. Tha

Default Need help tracking my Garand manufactuer date

Hi guys, Since I'm in New Mexico right now I was able to get a look at my M1, its made by Winchester the serial number is: 2475148, could anyone help me trace its info and other things?. Thanks in advance. George. also I left my upload card at my house in Seattle so no pics sorry guys

Default Re: Need help tracking my Garand manufactuer date

Hi George, you can find that info on Fulton Armory Home Page. Your rifle was manufactured between June and July of 1944. Go to the CMP website and download a Garand data sheet. You can copy and research all the serial and drawing numbers on your Garand. Can't wait to see pictures of it. You are very welcome!

Take care,
    Jay

Sitges, I'm on the CMP site but I cant find the part to down a data sheet...

Hi George, go to Welcome!. The Garand Collectors Association. On the left hand side of the page you'll see Supply Shack. Click on that. At the botton of that page you will see "M-1 Garand Data Sheet and Instructions - fillable". Click on that. It will help you glean all the numbers off your gun and then the research begins. It you want detailed information, the cheapest way to do that is join the GCA. It's the best $25 a year that you will ever spend. They literally will explain every screw, pin, bolt, etc. Plus you get a really cool quarterly magazine. Hope that helps!

Jay

Hi again, I was wondering if theres a site that can tell when certain parts of K98ks were made, like the bolt or something like that. and I leave to go home on Tuesday so I'll upload pics then sorry for the long wait

ian
    ?

the waffenamt numbers will tell you which place parts were made ie
    WAa815 is styer-graz,WA189 ,styer-warsaw etc ,cheers ian
    there is a list of codes on wikepedia,juast type waffenamt codes on google and it will pop up,theres also the dates these stamps where used

Thanks Ian!