Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

New EU Deactivation Regulations Approved

Article about: The First Part of the new EU Legislation on Deactivated guns has been passed and becomes effective on 8 April 2016 . http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...621527&from=EN This is a link

I have a layaway on a cz27 currently on the go and thankfully will have paid in full by the 8th of April , and already own an fn browning 1922 , but as Ben said in the future when we may want to sell these current spec deac's there is obviously going to be a cost to us in order to do so as well as a possible dip in there value , even many dealers are still confused in yet another pointless (EU) law that affects nothing but the genuine collector , my shotguns are fine for now anyway! (Pointless)

So it boils down to a deactivated weapon has to be made more deactivated. Politicians feel if they can't solve a problem they go after the law-abiding and solve nothing!

Quote by Johndevon View Post
    I have a layaway on a cz27 currently on the go and thankfully will have paid in full by the 8th of April , and already own an fn browning 1922 , but as Ben said in the future when we may want to sell these current spec deac's there is obviously going to be a cost to us in order to do so as well as a possible dip in there value , even many dealers are still confused in yet another pointless (EU) law that affects nothing but the genuine collector , my shotguns are fine for now anyway! (Pointless)
    Are you allowed to have a functioning shotgun in the UK for hunting or target?

Yes on a shotgun certificate , I shoot clay and game it seems the further restrictions are affecting the ones I can't shoot anyway even more , you just can't make it up !

Well at least you can enjoy clay bird shooting. Glad to hear that. One of the shooting sports I enjoy the most. Use my Remington 1100 mostly for clay shooting.

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    if you sell one weapon after april, this must be dea with the new new law, with papers.
    So in this time in France, many people are selling before april....I try to buy one G 43 dea to the old norms, very hard. In one month, all I can heve : a block of metal.
    Same here... I am desperately trying to find a G43 at the minute... (which I have been doing for ages now) so with only a month left to go things are looking quite bleak!!

I am currently emailing the Gov in ref to compensation, this makes my blood boil. They did the same thing when the banned handguns in the UK after the Dunblane shooting. A man who was a known kiddy fidler allowed weapons as his mate was a Policeman. So a big rally cry, they punished the innocent and hand gun crime in the UK actually rose rather than decreased.
    Ben

I just can't see what these new regulations can achieve , these weapons are already rendered incapable of discharging a shot , welded , barrels cut and rods inserted etc and how are they going to enforce this law with no record of who already owns these deact's what's to stop private collectors moving them on regardless , they will soon be coming for my cutlery at this rate!

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    I am currently emailing the Gov in ref to compensation, this makes my blood boil. They did the same thing when the banned handguns in the UK after the Dunblane shooting. A man who was a known kiddy fidler allowed weapons as his mate was a Policeman. So a big rally cry, they punished the innocent and hand gun crime in the UK actually rose rather than decreased.
    You can forget any thoughts of compensation. Why do you think they are allowing you to keep your guns to the current deactivation specs? They are legal to own as they are - until you come to sell them. Very clever the way it has been done!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast