Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

New EU Deactivation Regulations Approved

Article about: The First Part of the new EU Legislation on Deactivated guns has been passed and becomes effective on 8 April 2016 . http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...621527&from=EN This is a link

Default New EU Deactivation Regulations Approved

The First Part of the new EU Legislation on Deactivated guns has been passed and becomes effective on 8 April 2016 .
    http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...621527&from=EN
    This is a link to the full document, but basically the new standards will mean a weapon that is welded solid, including the magazine. The other big problem is section 9 at the beginning of the document that states that when a weapon is sold or transfered, it must be converted to this new specification.If you are the owner of an older specification deact. which is strippable and has moving parts , you will have to pay to have this work carried out and then have it re-proofed.
    In the UK this will have a big impact, if you like myself own many OLD SPEC deacts, you are facing the prospect of having a lot of money wiped off the value, as at present they do fetch a premium, not only that many of the earlier deacts are also some of the more historically important weapons and they will be reduced to scrap metal , at your cost.
    Please contact your MP and voice your concerns that if this law is made retrospective you will be affected.
    This EU one size fits all Law is not fit for purpose and is penlising law abiding collectors, whilst not addressing the real issues.
    Merry XMas

Shame. Does this mean, then you cannot own a single stand-alone magazine? Do you actually have to fully weld it shut, or deactivate it with other means?

Warm Regards,

Justin

In France, all the weapons with old deas must go to a second dea!
    Old dea : the barrel of the MG can be changed.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

We do not know what will happen with magazines, the EU are bringing in new regulations about gun parts .Will the terrorist's deactivate their guns?

?

I am surprised that the EU isn't banning pictures of firearms and anything else that is scary to progressive liberal turds.
    The world will never be a safe place as long as there are humans in it.

I've never heard of Terrorists constructing their weaponry from deactivated arms or parts...it seems they've never lacked a source for up-to-date arms...
    Sounds like a case of "Legislative Overkill"...affecting the wrong people...
    cheers, Glenn

The EU commision based their actions on a report commissioned for them by The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute SIPRI .Having now read this report it is fundamentally flawed and extremely biased against any gun ownership.Law abiding citizens are paying the price for politicians failings in dealing with the real problem.

I seriously like and agree with some off the comments above. I feel like there should be some sort of permit that allows you to collect freely, that is, with SOME rules.
    Like having a VI Tiger in your basement that is fully functional isn't the best thing. As long as people are practical with it, if you know what I mean. I don't like this though, not one bit.

Warm Regards,

Justin

I'm following this Thread with interest from the US Perspective...I'm speculating as to how the collector-community in the EU will react to this...instant criminalization for those out of compliance, even if unknowingly so? Will EU Collectors market Old Deacts onto the US Market in order to avoid the hassle of another costly deactivation process? How will this affect the overall prices, if at all?
    Just my musings...I've always wanted a Sten, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

I am in the US as well. With all due respect, I believe some collectors that are persistent will still sell/buy/trade antique rifles. Not sure price wise... Those who still have collectible guns after this regulation will sure have a hard time if they want to keep it, etc. I hope that it doesn't have a large affect on US prices, though. I suppose that we'll be getting more war related firearms here.

Warm Regards,

Justin

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast