Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

New EU react regs from June 18

Article about: According to the DWA (deactivated weapons association) in the UK, the EU is further tightening the screw on the deactivation criteria for sale of deacts EU countries from 28 June 18 (these a

?

Default New EU react regs from June 18

According to the DWA (deactivated weapons association) in the UK, the EU is further tightening the screw on the deactivation criteria for sale of deacts EU countries from 28 June 18 (these are in addition to the regs that came in May 17):
    - Semi Automatic Pistols – slide will move along with the hammer (if there is one). The trigger may move, but there will be no physical connection between it and the hammer/striker.
    - Revolvers – hammer will move; the cylinder may also rotate. The trigger may move, but there will be no physical connection between it and the hammer. The cylinder will move out of the frame on the crane or for break action revolvers, the action will break open.
    - Bolt Action Rifle/Shotgun – bolt will move back and forth but will not remove from action or indeed cock the action. The trigger may move, but there will be no physical connection between it and the sear.
    - Single/Double Barreled Shotgun – the action will break but the barrels will not remove from it. The trigger(s) may move, but there will be no physical connection between it/them and the hammer(s). On a hammer gun, the hammers will move under spring pressure, but won’t lock back.
    - Pump Action Shotgun – the pump arm will move and may also move the breech block. The trigger may move, but there will be no physical connection between it and the firing mechanism.
    - Assault Rifles, LMG/HMG and SMG – largely the same.

This is of course all completely bonkers, except these unelected muppets have the power to impose these rules (with penalties) on all member states of the EU.

What can I say?

Glad we're on our way out!

The EU is a sterling example of too few people holding too much power. They continue to impose this nonsense, while black market firearms and terrorism run rampant across the Continent. A case of 'we'd better make it look like we're doing something, so let's pick the low hanging fruit'. Bureaucrats in a nutshell. Incompetent to the core. If they think committing further acts of butchery on already butchered weapons is going to solve anything, they're got their heads stuck somewhere that seldom sees the light of day. The lack of 'physical connection' between the actions and triggers is startlingly similar to the lack of physical connection between their brains and their mouths.

Looks like I'll be cutting my W&P saving short and buy a Luger before this happens!

Muppets!

B.B.

?

<Glad we're on our way out!>

Unfortunately a lot of the damage will be done before we leave in terms of changes to UK law. And, whilst I like to think a autonomous UK parliament would repeal some of these laws, I fear they loathe gun ownership as much as the EU so this will be one of their lowest (if at all) priorities.

Does anyone in any other EU countries on this forum have a local view on these new changes?

Just to reiterate, bolt action rifles and pistols (auto/revolver) will no longer cock and dry fire, the cocking mechanism and triggers will no-longer be connected, per current regulations for SMG/MGs.

It really is turning this hobby into the desk ornament collectors corner....

I have no personal axe to grind here as I am not a de-act collector (though I do own a few) but this whole issue offends my sense of freedom and propriety.

It would not be so terrible if any of this positively reduced gun crime. Sadly it does nothing at all.

Even, from the earliest days of certified legal deactivation I would confidently suggest that the legislation has not directly resulted in a single illegal firearm being taken out of circulation.

Not one of us would criticise the "making safe" of a dangerous firearm as was the case under the early legilation but this is just vandalism.

The law makers, who happen to be vote chasers in most cases (those that are actually elected that is) seem inclined to solve any perceived problem by introducing further legislation rather than vigorously enforcing the existing laws with robust penalties for transgressions such as the cases (very few in reality) of morons who thought it practical to attempt "re-activation". I wouldn't want to risk firing such a Frankenstein weapon when there are millions of perfect pieces in the underground market which, if you know where to look (not hard to find out) are easier and dare I say less risky to obtain. In certain quarters it is possible to "hire" a gun with prices changing if ammunition is included or if the gun is actually fired!

As I say, the illegal weapons are still out there. This is another example of "The Emperors New Clothes".

Regards

Mark

PS Some of us here will recall that during the "troubles" in Northern Ireland effective copies of the Sten gun were manufactured from scratch in the H&W shipyard in Belfast.
    Last edited by Watchdog; 03-13-2018 at 11:35 AM. Reason: PS
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hello, i saw this in Germany
    MG34 - Rask Antik

It is the same in France, so we don't buy weapons, but uniforms....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hello,
    Don't worry guys, it is only for your safety. We all know that weapons collectors are terrorists. We all know that terrorist attacks are done by extremist weapon collectors. All these AKs from Yugo or China do not exist. All the extremist muslims do not exist. we all know that weapons collectors are fond of exploding belts.
    It's only a sight of the mind friends...sleep well friends, the EU is taking care of all these ugly extremist weapons collectors.
    EXTREMIST MUSLIMS HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE IN PEACE...
    DEATH TO ALL WEAPONS COLLECTORS...
    Thanks

PS : If anyone has a fully deactivated MG42 for sale i'm interested, i do own 15,000 inert rounds and i'm planning something special for Passover....
    Last edited by JPhilip; 03-14-2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: modification

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Don't worry guys, it is only for your safety. We all know that weapons collectors are terrorists. We all know that terrorist attacks are done by extremist weapon collectors. All these AKs from Yugo or China do not exist. All the extremist muslims do not exist. we all know that weapons collectors are fond of exploding belts.
    It's only a sight of the mind friends...sleep well friends, the EU is taking care of all these ugly extremist weapons collectors.
    EXTREMIST MUSLIMS HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE IN PEACE...
    DEATH TO ALL WEAPONS COLLECTORS...
    Thanks

PS : If anyone has a fully deactivated MG42 for sale i'm interested, i do own 15,000 inert rounds and i'm planning something special for Passover....
    Not to mention that "all coppers are b**t*rds" (many will have seen the tattoo ACAB sported by nice little old ladies and vicars!) and that bikers eat babies!!!

Maybe we should legislate against cricket bats? After all, our own HRH Prince Philip (whilst commenting on the hysterical cries of the anti shooting activists) has stated that "you could kill someone with a cricket bat"

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by JPhilip; 06-25-2018 at 03:56 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Here (Italy) the laws about deactivated weapons are way more restrictive than this: no moving parts at all, bolt slant cut and welded, barrel completely filled with rod, etc.
    This is why I don't buy deacts.
    In the other hand, we can buy and own live rifles and pistols in their original calibers (excluding the forbidden 9X19), including semi autos, and even some full autos converted in semi (AK, AR 15, PPSh 41, Tommy, etc.)
    At least 'till today, but we're experiencing some anti-gun political positions growing up.
    Apparently, there is not a real common EU policy about weapons: it seems that every Country regulates that matter in his own way.

I appreciate such Posts from our friends across the pond! I think in allows us in the US to appreciate the rights we could loose. I'm sure all will agree that such rights also carry a certain amount of risk as we have seen here recently!

Well I am fortunate to live in a "country" that allows pistols revolvers rifles - but no semi auto rifles or machine guns, which is great as I am also a dealer and have lots of "toys" to play with - one of reasons why I have never bought a de-act . I know a guy over here that invested heavily in old spec as "his pension" he's come unstuck now!!!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast