Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New guns. 1944 m1 garand all matching, japanese type 38, and enfield.

Article about: Hey guys just showing my most recent purchases m1 garand is 100% matching 1944. Type 38 is nice missing dust cover and mum is ground. Lee enfield is indian made 1944 real poor condition has

Quote by MAP View Post
    Well now you have a perfect one. And don't listen to William...it would look better in MY display case...Not his...LoL
    Bahahahaha I think it looks fine on my wall.

Hi Danny; by the pics provided above, it seems she lacks the lock bar rear sights assembly. Is it a T105E1 assembly?

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    Hi Danny; by the pics provided above, it seems she lacks the lock bar rear sights assembly. Is it a T105E1 assembly?
    Yes it's missing the lockbar sight. It seems that a lot of the information on the web points to lock bar sights being used till June 1944. I have been to the springfield armory they have an article about how some were changed in late May.

Mmmmm... From the information available, the T105E1 assembly was approved between oct/nov 1944, but it is very unlikely that a wartime M1 has been issued with that kind of sights (accordingly, i.e., to B. Canfield's book); maybe some very late specimen, made around May/June 1945, could had the new sights installed, but there's no evidences (pics or documents). I would rather tend to believe in a post war retrofitting; nothing bad, anyway, since finding a matching barrel/receiver is usually the hard job (not to mention the correct stock).

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    Mmmmm... From the information available, the T105E1 assembly was approved between oct/nov 1944, but it is very unlikely that a wartime M1 has been issued with that kind of sights (accordingly, i.e., to B. Canfield's book); maybe some very late specimen, made around May/June 1945, could had the new sights installed, but there's no evidences (pics or documents). I would rather tend to believe in a post war retrofitting; nothing bad, anyway, since finding a matching barrel/receiver is usually the hard job (not to mention the correct stock).
    Great info thanks! Well I guess around 90% ww2 lol. Good enough for me!

I guess some lock bar are available, if you want to uograde you rifle. Try on the web, or Numrich.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2