Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Japanese T-38 Carbine

Article about: Picked up this nice little T-38 Carbine that has all matching numbers, (except the dust cover), and complete with it's cleaning rod at a small military show yesterday. The bore is about mint

?

Default New Japanese T-38 Carbine

Picked up this nice little T-38 Carbine that has all matching numbers, (except the dust cover), and complete with it's cleaning rod at a small military show yesterday. The bore is about mint, and except for a little rough area bluing loss on the left side of the receiver it probably has about 98% bluing remaining. It's a nice little 5th series Nagoya Carbine made 1941-2, probably came out of the wood work as it is, and it has just the right condition I like them to be in, used but not abused. The sling is not an original Japanese sling.

The bluing loss on the dust cover looks typical of what the bluing finish would look like if it was exposed to a caustic fluid such as blood and not cleaned off right away. Now I am not saying it is, and I did not buy it because of that, so I don't want those couple of folks who think folks who have blood damaged/rust items in their collections are ghouls as they insinuated in the earlier blood rust thread on here. Blood evidence or the result of it, is a touch of reality and exactly what these weapons are supposed to cause and I don't know how there can be one thing and not the other? Ray

New Japanese T-38 Carbine
    New Japanese T-38 CarbineNew Japanese T-38 CarbineNew Japanese T-38 CarbineNew Japanese T-38 CarbineNew Japanese T-38 CarbineNew Japanese T-38 CarbineNew Japanese T-38 CarbineNew Japanese T-38 CarbineNew Japanese T-38 Carbine
    Last edited by RayG; 03-30-2014 at 04:52 PM.

Nice looking rifle and still has the chrysanthemum which is a bonus!....

?

That is a nice looking Type 38 carbine.
    If you don't mind me asking .
    What did you pay for that?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Phil I paid $375 out the door.
    Just to make sure every part was matching I had the seller take it apart so each part number could be checked. I learned to have that done from experience as I've found some mis-matched small internal parts on some guns I bought when I got them home. Ray

Great find!

?

What ever that fluid was, it ran down the stock and left a slightly darken stain on the stock. The photos don't show the stain too well but it's there. The Japanese fought until they were killed very few surrendered so it would not be unusual to find their equipment with evidence of blood on them especially those rifles that were battle field bring backs identified by still having their Mums. It's reality and reminds us of the horrors of war, least we forget. Ray

New Japanese T-38 CarbineNew Japanese T-38 CarbineNew Japanese T-38 Carbine

?

I forgot to show what the finish looks like under the dust cover. So here it is, Ray
    New Japanese T-38 CarbineNew Japanese T-38 Carbine

great looking rifle you have there.
    Thanks for sharing it with us.
    How is the bore???

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

John it has an excellent looking bore, Ray

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast