Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

New mauser and one for the lady!

Article about: I went to the range last weekend with my post war m1 carbine for stress management and low and behold it was jamming and stove piping every third round.. In order to bring harmony and balanc

?

Don't forget the ammo !! Russian Surplus 7.62 x39mm... Berdan primed slightly corrosive
    but when I Plink I always clean the bore afterward ... The one crate were pre-stripper clipped 10 per clip 40 per box...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crates.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	940771  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

A have a cheap Chinese SKS and AK. The SkS is an ok shooter but the AK is crap. Keyholes. You can actually see the bullets exit the barrel and hit the target. Haven't shot either in years.

Now...a 410... I'm looking for one of those for my boys...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    A have a cheap Chinese SKS and AK. The SkS is an ok shooter but the AK is crap. Keyholes. You can actually see the bullets exit the barrel and hit the target. Haven't shot either in years.

Have you checked the "Bore" for rifleing issues ??

MAP
    ?

I put these toys away years ago....Now when I shoot it's mostly .22 and .223 with my boys or my HK USP, Kimber 1911 or Hi-Standard. Wish I had more time...

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post

Usually the SKS is a very efficient weapon and accurate.. Rather a great rifle.. Yes ... In the 80's I bought a few for $109.00 in the box with the oil bottle "Green Star" ground off... Ahhh.... Then there were the varients that could accept the AK mag.... The ATF found out a little too late and put a halt to that !!

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Don't forget the ammo !! Russian Surplus 7.62 x39mm... Berdan primed slightly corrosive
    but when I Plink I always clean the bore afterward ... The one crate were pre-stripper clipped 10 per clip 40 per box...
    Oh I never forget the ammo!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160302_2227232.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	348.6 KB 
ID:	940772

Name:	IMG_20160302_2228510.jpg 
Size:	342.0 KB 
ID:	940773

.22, .30 cal, 6.5 carcano, 8mm, 8mm steyr, .303 british, 12 gauge, 9mm , .45 auto, 32 acp, .380, tons of mosin 7.62, 7mm mauser, and .25 acp..
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

MAP
    ?

The SKS was fine. Put a 50 round drum on it. Was fun. The AK however......

Kind of had to put a stop to the high volume shooting. Neighbors were getting peeved at the noise for hours. I was shooting in the back yard no range near me

Map has switched to call of duty game..
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

?

Yes... I used to be able to buy the Norinco rounds 20 per box in the Styrofoam holder for about $3.00-$ 4.00 a box... The range at which we practiced was about a half mile away from a home in the woods !!
    The Sheriff and State police new us well !!

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Oh I never forget the ammo!

Name:	IMG_20160302_2227232.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	348.6 KB 
ID:	940772

Name:	IMG_20160302_2228510.jpg 
Size:	342.0 KB 
ID:	940773

.22, .30 cal, 6.5 carcano, 8mm, 8mm steyr, .303 british, 12 gauge, 9mm , .45 auto, 32 acp, .380, tons of mosin 7.62, 7mm mauser, and .25 acp..
    Nice "Spam Can" I all ways keep the openers as sometimes they don't come with one !!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast