Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New member sharing a pic of my 1943 Early Inland M1A1

Article about: by MAP Wunderbar. A nice early one. A shame they had to part with it. It must have been brought home by the vet (like mine). Did you document any of this (if it was from the vet?) Provenance

?

Default New member sharing a pic of my 1943 Early Inland M1A1

An iconic rifle and welcome to the forum!...

?

Hell of a first post. Keep this standard up and welcome

N.I.C.E and welcome................

?

Excellent!!!
    I like the username!!

Welcome to the forum

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Beautiful!!! Looks untouched. Is it all matching? What is the barrel date?

Love these! I have a 206xxx serial range with 3/43 dated barrel
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Beautiful!!! Looks untouched. Is it all matching? What is the barrel date?

Love these! I have a 206xxx serial range with 3/43 dated barrel
    Took me a while to learn enough to find out, but it is all original as far as I can tell. I've had it apart down to the smallest parts including the bolt assembly. It was a lucky day when family friends offered it to me. They were moving to California and couldn't keep it. A shame since it had been in their family for 70 years or so.

I had no idea what I was being offered at the time. My first vintage rifle. It was my first and so far last paratrooper carbine since I can't find another real mccoy. Have joined several forums since last year. Wish I had found this one too a bit earlier when I needed all the help I could get.

btw: Saw a post by Painter777, a fellow member on another forum who helped me with info early on.

MAP
    ?

Wunderbar. A nice early one.

A shame they had to part with it. It must have been brought home by the vet (like mine). Did you document any of this (if it was from the vet?) Provenance is key.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Wunderbar. A nice early one.

A shame they had to part with it. It must have been brought home by the vet (like mine). Did you document any of this (if it was from the vet?) Provenance is key.
    Unfortunately the only one in the family who could tell me who carried it has Alzheimer's. The other family members think it belonged to the father of the owner's brother but hey aren't sure. Only prob is they said he was a physician when in the service during WWII so he couldn't have carried it. I will not get provenance methinks. No worries though since I'm not selling it until I find a nicer one, which may be never at this rate.

Very nice carbine and welcome. Great piece of history and you are correct that not too many are seen nowadays.
    John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast