Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Nambu

Article about: Outstanding pistols and rigs. Regards, Thanos.

Default New Nambu

A few weeks ago I was in my local gun store and the owner said he had something I might like. He went into the backroom and came out with a Nambu Type14.

It was in a holster that was so pristine I thought it was a high quality reproduction. But it was original.

The gun was a late war model, also in pristine condition. In the store, the bore looked OK, but frosted. But after I got it home and ran a brush and some patches through it, I realized it was pristine but had had a layer of grease on the surface. The bore is mint, and shines like a mirror.

In the holster was the takedown/cleaning too, a spare firing pin serial numbered to the pistol, a spare magazine serial numbered to the pistol (both mags match the gun), and an original box of issued ammo still in the rice paper.

The other night I cleaned the bore and realized that there are no marks on the breachface. No telltale signs of having ever been fired. I think this pistol is unfired.

Here is my Type 14 from Tarawa on the left, and the new one on the right.

The best part was the price; $700USD. I figured the holster was worth about $500 because I've never seen one that comes close to the condition of this one, so the whole thing for $700 was a tremendous deal.

Thanks for looking.

Default Re: New Nambu

Excellent aquisition there-I saw a T14 last year that was pristine and unfired(went for AUD$1500) but with all the extras you recieved that was an unbeatable deal-does make you wonder who's desk drawer the thing must have sat in 'for the duration' to be still in that nick.

I wondered the same thing. Figured it probably never left Japan and was brought home by an occupation GI. I'll try to find time to post some better pics.

?

That is an outstanding Nambu.

?

sweet, thanks for sharing

I seen one holster "almost" as nice as that one in all my years. But that is the nicest one I have ever seen,myself. congrats !! both matching mags is rare too!

Quote by command450 View Post
    I seen one holster "almost" as nice as that one in all my years. But that is the nicest one I have ever seen,myself. congrats !! both matching mags is rare too!
    Thanks! Both mags match, as well as the spare firing pin. Need to check the take down/cleaning tool to see if it is numbered anywhere.

you should update the thread with some new pics. It may help in the future, for those that are curious what a correct-original nambu rig looks like.

Quote by command450 View Post
    you should update the thread with some new pics. It may help in the future, for those that are curious what a correct-original nambu rig looks like.
    Absolutely. If I get some spare time this weekend I'll dig out the Nambus and a real camera (not my cell phone) and take some more pics.

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    That is an outstanding Nambu.
    +1 I don't think I have ever seen an original rig in such spectacular condition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast