Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

newest addition to the family, SVT40

Article about: Got a great deal I couldn't say no to on this one. 1941 all matching Tula SVT-40. Brought it to the range the other day and it shoot amazing, cycles smooth with only one stove pipe round out

?

Default newest addition to the family, SVT40

Got a great deal I couldn't say no to on this one. 1941 all matching Tula SVT-40. Brought it to the range the other day and it shoot amazing, cycles smooth with only one stove pipe round out of a box of 20. Bore is a little frosty but expected for something of this age. still very accurate too, was able to hit a 4" steel plate at 200 yards effortlessly. Condition wise there's little to no pitting and finish is 95%+.
    Hope you guys enjoy, now all i need is the tool and oiler kit and a bayonet.

newest addition to the family, SVT40

MAP
    ?

Nice! Gotta get me one of these. I think I can (due to it's age) even under the draconian communist state of NY laws...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

That is a shawnger Phil!!!!!!
    Great pick up. Something that every WW2 rifle collector needs in his collection

Including myself!!! I'm a bolty but when I go for the Semi's(LOL) that will be one to add!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I imagine you could obtain one as most laws even here in Canada make exceptions for old war birds. I believe new york only classifies semis as assault weapons when manufactured after 94, if so your golden, absolute fantastic gun to own both for looks and accuracy. Although i heard that in the states these fetch in the thousand dollar range?

MAP
    ?

I think the "grandfathering" in NY is 50 years old...so this fits the bill. If I come across one, I'll pick it up, but not actively looking. Too many other "holes" to fill right now.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    That is a shawnger Phil!!!!!!
    Great pick up. Something that every WW2 rifle collector needs in his collection

Including myself!!! I'm a bolty but when I go for the Semi's(LOL) that will be one to add!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks, i agree, i love my bolt actions (i have 6 i think with more on the way XD) this is actually my first semi auto rifle. I now have a nearly complete russian infantry arsenal (tokarev, mosin, SVT) just need to pick up a nagant revolver to have all the common small arms excluding automatics.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    I think the "grandfathering" in NY is 50 years old...so this fits the bill. If I come across one, I'll pick it up, but not actively looking. Too many other "holes" to fill right now.

I hear ya, ive got huge plans for my collection but im years away from completing it. But then again as i pick more piece up i expand my search so its a never ending hunt. Ive had the SVT on the backburner for awhile but i started to hear about surplus drying up on the russian milsurps and ive been seeing the prices jump so i jumped on the first deal i could get. Paid 300$!!! Most ive been seeing sell for 400-600 so couldnt pass it up

MAP
    ?

If I came across one at that price, the card would be out of the wallet and on the table!!

Very nice example phil. It looks almost new!! Think you did great at $300. Glad it shoots so good. Don't blame ya for grabbin it as I have noticed milsurp prices are headin north lately. thanks for postin pic for all to enjoy.

?

Definatly couldnt say no, and it is a factory refurb which is why condition is so great but unrefurb SVT's around here are almost none existant i think ive only ever come across one once and he was asking 1500 i think.
    This one is forced matched but for russian surplus it doesnt bother me since 90% of them are refurb.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast