MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nice collection

Article about: This room is attached to the late actors name because he was a firearm enthusiast and former presedent of the NRA. I understand that he did collect them as well but i'm not too sure that thi

Default Re: Nice collection

This room is attached to the late actors name because he was a firearm enthusiast and former presedent of the NRA. I understand that he did collect them as well but i'm not too sure that this was his personal collection.

rgds, Ty

It was Charlton Heston's collection i have seen it with my own two eyes! One of my Dads my friends knew him well and i got to see this basement

The collection belonged to Bruce Stern the director of the NRA.
    Firearms - March 2008: Selected Highlights
    If you follow this link, scroll down untill you see his name. his FG42 sold for $150,000 ! Pete.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I love all the BAR's lining the walls around the room near the ceiling ! ! !

Regards,

Steve.
    i know dude thats like 8 BAR's man imagine how scary those things would be if u were a german or jap in a firefight

The BAR was a hinderance for the US army in WW2 -too heavy for an auto rifle and too light for a light machine gun-its always amazed me that they never adopted a Bren/ZB26 variant before or during the war-certainly the Germans were well provided with automatic weapons although the Japs were generally at a disadvantage vs troops equiped with Garands-an impressive collection in the pics never the less.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    The BAR was a hinderance for the US army in WW2 -

Hey lithgow the army barely fought against the Japanese and if a man or a soldier had a newer BAR with a bipod that would make it a steady way to put down suprressing fire while the light mg crews were behind the front lines. The BAR was much,much lighter than any light mg in the US's arsenal so it could be transported more easily by troops

Hello-the US army was heavily engaged against the Japanese throughout the Far East/Pacific campaign-the US forces in general were well equiped in most categories of small arms except LMGs-the only one to see service on any scale was a version of the M1919 .30 cal medium MG with a bipod and shoulder butt stock-heavy & awkward to carry & use. My point was that if the US had a decent LMG it would have reduced their casualties & increased the enemies losses making the eventual victory easier & maybe a little quicker.

Quote by Roylazfan5 View Post
    Hey lithgow the army barely fought against the Japanese ...
    I suggest that you study a little history and not rely on Hollywood as a historical resource. The US Army's contribution in the Asian-Pacific Theatre was far greater than that of the US Marine Corps.

super duper, kids are never getting through that door

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2