Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

No.4, MK 1* Parts Gun; What to do?

Article about: I'd like to ask the Enfield collectors on the forum their opinion. I have a 1942 dated No.4, NK1* that I received years ago from a friend. The rifle has beed "looted" of most of th

?

Default No.4, MK 1* Parts Gun; What to do?

I'd like to ask the Enfield collectors on the forum their opinion. I have a 1942 dated No.4, NK1* that I received years ago from a friend. The rifle has beed "looted" of most of the good bits; bolt assembly, safety assembly, fore sight blade and protector, butt plate and perhaps a few additional small pieces. Ths furniture could be refinished/replaced; the rear handguard is cracked.

What is your ioinion as to what I should do with it? Strip it, refinish the wood and rebuild to it firmer self? Rebuild into a copy of a Mo.5 or No.4(T)? Or just strip it and use the parts for future use on my other No.4's?

No.4, MK 1* Parts Gun; What to do?No.4, MK 1* Parts Gun; What to do?

Default Re: No.4, MK 1* Parts Gun; What to do?

I would just put it in a corner and leave it alone until I needed a part that it sill has, either that or look around for a sporterized No4 and use the barreled action etc to build a functional rifle.

Not that it makes a lot of difference, but I would guess it probably has a two groove barrel. The mag if it has one would be worth more than whats left of the rifle.

?

Quote by happyboy View Post
    The mag if it has one would be worth more than whats left of the rifle.
    Nope, no mag!

4md
    ?

keep it for parts for your other rifles. i wouldnt make a no5 copy its much nicer having a original jungle carbine, same goes for a n04(t).
    it may cost more to restore this rifle than buying a original unmolested longbranch by the time you look into it

regards Paul