Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine

Article about: Although not in the same condition as the rifle, I also have the bayonet. Ralph.

Default No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine

I bought this about 1980. I liked the finish and condition of the workings. I actually thought I could use it for hunting, after putting about 5 rounds through it, I knew better.
    I would appreciate if anyone can give me some information about it. I am currently searching for a wood set to return it to issue appearance. If anyone knows where I would be able to find a set, that would also be greatly appreciated.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine   No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine  

No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine   No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default Re: No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine

More photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine   No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine  

No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Lol , i'm not surprised it didnt help in hunting, not exactly built for that purpose, much less accurate than the No 4, but good enough for the CQB in the jungle, i presume it had a fair kick to it as well, sorry but i dont know where you can get the furniture for it , but there are some gunsmiths in Britain that sometimes have old wooden stocks etc hanging around

Quote by davejb View Post
    Lol , i'm not surprised it didnt help in hunting, not exactly built for that purpose, much less accurate than the No 4, but good enough for the CQB in the jungle, i presume it had a fair kick to it as well, sorry but i dont know where you can get the furniture for it , but there are some gunsmiths in Britain that sometimes have old wooden stocks etc hanging around
    Thanks Dave!
    That is why it only took about 5 rounds to determine that it would not be good for hunting.
    I am hoping that maybe someone on this forum might be able to help out.
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I bought this about 1980. I liked the finish and condition of the workings. I actually thought I could use it for hunting, after putting about 5 rounds through it, I knew better.
    I would appreciate if anyone can give me some information about it. I am currently searching for a wood set to return it to issue appearance. If anyone knows where I would be able to find a set, that would also be greatly appreciated.
    Ralph.
    Kicks like a Mule and LOUD AS!!!! Nice one I had range fun with a Aussie one

are there any markings forward of the grip? The woodwork to me looks replaced and sporterized . I've only handled one of these once many years ago

Hello Rene, I am not sure what you are referring to "forward of the grip".
    Yes, the wood set has been replaced, hence my search for originals.
    Ralph.

I have read about these jungle carbines and the recoil, so I have read, was horrendous. Does this one have a conical flash hider on the end of the muzzle? I will ask around here for the furniture. In Tennessee where I live nothing gets thrown away. Just "stored".

Mark

?

Morning Ralph on occasion I have seen spare parts come up for these for sale at gun shows here is a link that might be of some assistance in your search (THE LEE ENFIELD RIFLE ASSOCIATION)

Regards Mark K

Thanks Mark!
    I will follow up on that link.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast