Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Non-Refurbish M91/30 Mosin Nagant.

Article about: Hi guys, Mosin nagants can still be found pretty cheap. Though I would bet about 95% are post war refrubs. So I Thought some people may like this. Here is my 1942 ISK Mosin Nagant. That was

14!?.. I thought I had a lot owning two.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

I have an 1899 carbine. Still shoots and bucks like a mule!
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

Ya..... I know I went through a faze.... Though that was when they were stil $100 bucks each.

I was going through my mosins. Look what I found! East German stamp. Kind of cool. Not my interest but still interesting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	242.7 KB 
ID:	942400   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	942399  

Danny, I think this one went through refurb: look at the boxed X stamp on the barrel, above the date: this marking is associated with postwar refurbished guns (probably near Ukrainian arsenals). Also, it misses the two block letters (AH) on the s/n's, which were originally all stamped in this full way (2 letters and up to 4 digits).
    I have a refurbished Izhevsk '42, AK block, with these same features.

Thanks for pointing that out Ziomanno!

regarding the serial numbers I just assumed that they didn't have to be full length serial numbers, just part of them. It also didn't look like they were scrubbed and re-stamped. So I bet the serial numbers on the small parts are post war re-stamps?

Luckily I didn't pay anything extra for this one, was just an odd one that stuck out at me. So just a average Mosin that had a lazy worker lol.

Quote by Dannyjunkfish View Post
    So I bet the serial numbers on the small parts are post war re-stamps?
    Pretty sure. Here is a sample of full lenght serial numbers. Another point to watch for is the font of the #'s: they have to be identical to those applied on the barrel, and I see some differences regarding "2" and "3".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	942647  

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    Pretty sure. Here is a sample of full lenght serial numbers. Another point to watch for is the font of the #'s: they have to be identical to those applied on the barrel, and I see some differences regarding "2" and "3".
    Gotcha ya! Thanks for clearing that up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12