Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

ODD mauser 1934 pocket pistol

Article about: Over the weekend i picked up a mauser 1934 32cal pocket pistol serial number 198XXX, the right side is marked MAUSER-7,65, on the left side is marked WAFFENFABRIK MAUSER A-G OBERNDORF A.N. M

phillyriverrat57
    ?

Default ODD mauser 1934 pocket pistol

Over the weekend i picked up a mauser 1934 32cal pocket pistol serial number 198XXX, the right side is marked MAUSER-7,65, on the left side is marked WAFFENFABRIK MAUSER A-G OBERNDORF A.N. MAUSER'S PATIENT. the serial number is stamped on the front of the slide, but it is not in a machined recess like others i have seen, also the mauser banner is missing from the side shield right over the safety. gun is all matching numbers including the side shield? is it a commercial model, or just an oddball. it does have wrap around wooden grips, anyone with info would be very helpfull

Default Re: ODD mauser 1934 pocket pistol

Quote by phillyriverrat57 View Post
    Over the weekend i picked up a mauser 1934 32cal pocket pistol serial number 198XXX, the right side is marked MAUSER-7,65, on the left side is marked WAFFENFABRIK MAUSER A-G OBERNDORF A.N. MAUSER'S PATIENT. the serial number is stamped on the front of the slide, but it is not in a machined recess like others i have seen, also the mauser banner is missing from the side shield right over the safety. gun is all matching numbers including the side shield? is it a commercial model, or just an oddball. it does have wrap around wooden grips, anyone with info would be very helpfull
    Pictures pleaseMost collectors cant make any conclusions without picts.

X 2 on pix please

Lou

Sound's like a 1914 model.

phillyriverrat57
    ?

from what i have tracked down so far, it is a 1914 model, and it was built between 1916 and 1917. apparently there was a rush for the greman military on them, so several hundred actually left the factory without the mauser banner stamped on the side plate that covers the safetys working parts. yet the gun has no military markings on it? everything is matching on it serial number wise. i tryed to upload pics on here, but not doing it right. if someone would like to contact me, i will send pics so they can be uploaded...phillyriverrat57@aol.com

Here is a picture of the 1914 model,serial number covered up.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ODD mauser 1934 pocket pistol  

Quote by zephyr4 View Post
    Here is a picture of the 1914 model,serial number covered up.
    Philly,
    Is this the pistol?Looks period finish to me with some nice holster wear.I would post on Stills forum for more answers.Lots of 1914 collectors there.
    German: German Mfg. (non-P08) Pistols & Holsters. - Jan C Still Luger Pistols Central Powers Axis Pistols Discussion Boards From Gunboards.com
    Cheers,
    Jason

Jason, the above picture is not the actual pistol.

john 69
    ?

The one shown was made between 1914 and 1923 regards john.

Perhaps, you refer to my guns?
    But mine the serial numbers are 2 digits.
    View my photos on the section of the forum "World firearms" and "Imperial Germany & Austro-Hungary" or my Blog.

Greetings juangomez