Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

odd type 14 nambu

Article about: hello gents, i had an interesting day yesterday, and thought i would share. my wife wanted to go look at some yard sales/garage sales. out of old habit i ask people if they have any old mili

?

Default odd type 14 nambu

hello gents,
    i had an interesting day yesterday, and thought i would share. my wife wanted to go look at some yard sales/garage sales. out of old habit i ask people if they have any old military items that might not be out at the sale. some times i get lucky. one sale i picked up an m-1 helmet about as minty as they get, being used. named to a guy in the trailblazers, liner has the white axe head, but his name was removed from there, but writen in side the steel fixed bail front seam shell.

another yard sale i found a late war japanese bayo in a wood scabbard, and an m-7 us bayo
    at yet another sale i found this odd type 14 nambu ( all by just asking) i looked the nambu over and it looked like crap. but some things looked very odd to me. missing parts. ( i think)they dont effect function lower reciver looks to have never been blued, unlike the barrel. wear would not account for total bluing loss in low hard to reach areas, leaving the barrels bluing pretty decent. and its not a parts gun. because the main odd feature is there are no serial numbers or showa date. that caught my eye. and a very strange holster with it. but i believe it is original to the gun. i had no idea what this rig could be, but i knew it was going home with me. after getting home i started my education on things i knew nothing about. the us helmets i never collected and knew nothing about untill i looked it up. i got a good score i think. the nambu i looked up too. never saw one like it before with no numbers or date but they do exist in small quantity from what i read. i welcome your thoughts.
    andrew
    odd type 14 nambuodd type 14 nambuodd type 14 nambuodd type 14 nambuodd type 14 nambuodd type 14 nambuodd type 14 nambu

Default Re: odd type 14 nambu

Hello-'nambu world teri's japanese handgun website' is the leading website for the various Japanese pistols-well worth a visit-yours has several late production features but still has early/mid production grooved grips-have you had them off the pistol?-they are usually serial numbered to the gun as is the magazine-possibly the pistol was refurbed or repaired late in the war with partially finished parts as the war production situation deteriorated.

Default Re: odd type 14 nambu

Nice example of a late war nambu. These unnumbered examples are usually attributed to the last few months, probably July-August 1945, where they were just using any parts to hobble together pistols. Very neat!