Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Old Cleaning Kit

Article about: I got this cleaning kit in a box full of stuff,any idea how old it is ? Look at the price on it!

?

Default Old Cleaning Kit

I got this cleaning kit in a box full of stuff,any idea how old it is ? Look at the price on it!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Old Cleaning Kit   Old Cleaning Kit  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

Default Re: Old Cleaning Kit

Quote by zwerge View Post
    I got this cleaning kit in a box full of stuff,any idea how old it is ? Look at the price on it!
    Nice find. Great condition and complete. I believe it is from the mid-late 1920's- early 1930's.

Regards, Steve

Hi Zwerge,

We had the same Parker Hale cleaning kits down here in Australia. I remember getting some old stock back in the 1970's that dated from the late 50's early 60's that were very similar. I think from memory the cleaning rods in the early ones were covered in a type of paint and the slightly later ones in a plastic covering.

Great find, that old Young's 303 bore cleaner was really good stuff, I can still remember the distinctive smell.

Cheers,

Spence

?

Thanks for the replys guys,so it`s at least 50 years old,here is a shotshell box that I got too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Old Cleaning Kit  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hello Swerge,
    Nice find, I ran out of 4"x2" today but still use Youngs .303 as I have since being a cadet at school a long time ago. As Spence mentioned, the distinctive aroma is very pleasing, who needs after shave lotion when you have a can of Youngs?
    Cheers,
    navyman.

?

Here`s some pictures from a 1950 cartridge collectors catalogue that I got also.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Old Cleaning Kit   Old Cleaning Kit  

Old Cleaning Kit  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE