Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Old french gun?

Article about: I have just recently acquired this gun that i have been told my great grandpa has found a long time ago while up in the mountains. Its was buried under the ground for quite some time as you

Darkfire438
    ?

Default Old french gun?

I have just recently acquired this gun that i have been told my great grandpa has found a long time ago while up in the mountains. Its was buried under the ground for quite some time as you can tell by the pitting in the gun.

you can see a serial number or something like it in this 1, it says 62210

if anyone can give me some info on what kind of gun this is and when they were made i would appriciate it

?

Default Re: Old french gun?

You might get more info on the firearms forum. It looks like a "Ruby' type 7.65mm automatic made by the Spanish for the French in WWI. There were many manufactures of them. I will see if I can take a pic of a similar one for you.

Quote by copdoc View Post
    You might get more info on the firearms forum. It looks like a "Ruby' type 7.65mm automatic made by the Spanish for the French in WWI. There were many manufactures of them. I will see if I can take a pic of a similar one for you.
    Copdoc is correct it is a Spanish Ruby Style Pistol 1000s were supplied to the French in WW1.. Cal. 7.65mm.. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Here is a Vilar that looks very similar to yours. There are many variations and several that look just like this one. Some have small differences in lanyard loops and slide serrations and some look noticibly different. The gun is rought but it was prob used in the trenches of WWI and possibly in WWII.

Warhunter
    ?

Thats a nice Gun !!!

Darkfire438
    ?

Well now that i know some about this, how do you dismantle this thing, ive been trying for a long time but i cant figure it out

Quote by Darkfire438 View Post
    Well now that i know some about this, how do you dismantle this thing, ive been trying for a long time but i cant figure it out
    ...Pull the slide to the rear and lock it in place with the safety lever..then rotate the barrell counter clockwise, the slide will then come off the receiver.. The barrell may be rusted in place so some oil will be needed...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Darkfire438
    ?

i can rotate the barrel but i dont know how to get the slide off, i need some like step by step instructions or something lol im a visual learner

?

Sent you an email.
    Like Bill says twist the barrel and also pull out the safety through the left side. Try that and let me know if it works. Sometimes this type of disassembly can be tricky and as everything has to line up to be just right and the tolerances are sloppy on these. I'll get some pics if you need them. I am a visual learner also. Doc

On the 24th of december 1942 in Algiers, the french Admiral François Darland was assassinated by a french partisan using one of these Rubys 7,65 mm. They are reliable handgun, except for the handle i think it has something very modern in its outline. The leather holster that was used with this gun in the french army is quite awful IMO.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast