Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

old lady comes into my shop yesterday

Article about: I had some lady come into my shop and sold me some rifles her husband brought back from the war and some other SS stuff. Anyways, this is the one im curious about. If this was brought back w

Default old lady comes into my shop yesterday

I had some lady come into my shop and sold me some rifles her husband brought back from the war and some other SS stuff. Anyways, this is the one im curious about. If this was brought back why is it mismatch?. It was interesting that one of the barrel bands was backwards, it isn't duffle cut. The stock numbers inside match, I didn't bother taking a picture of that. So basically fron the serial number on the barrel back matches and forward its all the other number, if this makes sence, look at the pictures and what do you think...thanks. I paid 100 dollars for it. old lady comes into my shop yesterdayold lady comes into my shop yesterdayold lady comes into my shop yesterdayold lady comes into my shop yesterdayold lady comes into my shop yesterdayold lady comes into my shop yesterdayold lady comes into my shop yesterdayold lady comes into my shop yesterdayold lady comes into my shop yesterdayold lady comes into my shop yesterdayold lady comes into my shop yesterday

BNZ 43--1943 produced by Steyr-Daimler (Austria), very nice and the price you paid, well what can I say...?
    Several possibilities regarding bolt-mismatch for bring-backs...one of which being that bolts were quite often pulled and tossed in a separate pile during the act of surrender, and a GI would simply pick up a random bolt to complete his trophy...
    Great start to the new year, friend...!
    cheers, Glenn

thanks bigmacglenn....Well the bolt and the other parts are all the same compared to the barrel and the lockplate..basically the area around the bolt is the same numbers, verses the rest of it...its just weird.

hey big mac...this was the score for yesterday

scored vet bring back ss buckle and belt

anyways happy new years from Vancouver WA mac

We've got some good folks here on the Forum who specialize in Mauser 98s...I'm looking forward to their opinions and expertise...
    well done,
    Glenn

nice looking rifle.

Very nice rifle!....

?

Mismatched Bolt is common. For $100?
    Last edited by Rossi; 01-02-2015 at 03:58 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

all the serial numbers don't match. the bolt and the rear part of it is different numbers then the other set of numbers?

- - ------- - -

like have of the gun is the same and the other half of the numbers are a different one, so is this considered a matching gun ?

?

It is what it is. For $100 you can't even get a decent bolt alone. I have 3 Third Reich with matching parts & 2 with a mismatched bolt but I am no expert. I know all matching parts on a K98 rifle that is untouched from the war will bring a pretty penny though to the right collector. My Opa was in WWII and he used to tell me of big bolt bins where the soldier could grab any bolt to throw in with the capture rifle. He also mentioned other parts being thrown around and exchanged back and forth post war and even later in life by US Vets. I know the main thing you don't want is a Third Reich rifle with Russian Capture marks as the value is less. Again...no expert but some others may give you more knowledge than I.
    Last edited by Rossi; 01-02-2015 at 02:17 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast