Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

An Old Sten Gun Mk1*

Article about: by kozowy1967 Very Very nice Doug one of these would be a top shelf item for my collection do you have the magazine for it . And why would it be considered crap they were very economical to

Default An Old Sten Gun Mk1*

Hello All,
    this old chap was given to me....I am pondering what to do with it.

I assume the Mk1 star means it was a modified Mk1?

Manhandling it, I can see why my Dad thought they were crap and preferred his Mk5 Lee Enfield

All the best
    DougAn Old Sten Gun Mk1*An Old Sten Gun Mk1*An Old Sten Gun Mk1*

Default Re: An Old Sten Gun Mk1*

Give it to me if you like haha

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Give it to me if you like haha
    I need to try it out first before considering anything else....Funnily enough it came from not far away from you.

Here is the story...(I know!!! but it is what I was told).... Dad (the original owner and not mine) was one of the secret people who would lie low when the Nazis invaded and he would rear up and attack them!

Quote by Saladin View Post
    I need to try it out first before considering anything else....Funnily enough it came from not far away from you.

Here is the story...(I know!!! but it is what I was told).... Dad (the original owner and not mine) was one of the secret people who would lie low when the Nazis invaded and he would rear up and attack them!
    Secret People????? Where ? In the Uk ??? Sounds an interesting tale, do you mean the secret Auxiliary Units within the Home Guard ??

EDIT. Or do you mean SOE, are you in the UK ??

?

Very Very nice Doug one of these would be a top shelf item for my collection do you have the magazine for it .
    And why would it be considered crap they were very economical to manufacture and served a specific purpose as a close quarter assault weapon.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Very Very nice Doug one of these would be a top shelf item for my collection do you have the magazine for it .
    And why would it be considered crap they were very economical to manufacture and served a specific purpose as a close quarter assault weapon.

Regards Mark K
    The early Stens were very quickly and crudely manufactured, they had to be, we were facing invasion and needed an SMG quickly. Early ones did suffer from magazine faults but the later ones were better

Very nice sten, Reminds me in some ways of the ppsh41, cheap,fast, easy and economical to build. Built for a purpose where practical considerations were given precedence over aesthetic values. I would happily give it house room.

Best wishes

Robin

Very nice

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Secret People????? Where ? In the Uk ??? Sounds an interesting tale, do you mean the secret Auxiliary Units within the Home Guard ??

EDIT. Or do you mean SOE, are you in the UK ??
    I am here in the UK and in the Mountains South of you. I think it must be the 'secret auxiliary' that everyone knew about.

Quote by Saladin View Post
    I am here in the UK and in the Mountains South of you. I think it must be the 'secret auxiliary' that everyone knew about.
    lol, yeah the secret auxiliary that everyone knew about ! Quick question, is it deactivated? Would have to be even after these years I would give it a good home !! haha

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast