Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions of a cool Jap type 38

Article about: by ncblksmth1 Teach me more. How do you know that? The series mark is the symbol to the left of the serial number,the maker mark is the symbol to the right of it.There is the same maker symb

Default Opinions of a cool Jap type 38

Gentlemen I just picked this up at the local flea market. Take a look and offer opinions please. I was told that "Dad brought this back in WWII after taking it off a Jap he killed" It appears to have a bullet hole through the stock near the wrist. Some poor sot lost his arm to give this up.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions of a cool Jap type 38   Opinions of a cool Jap type 38  

Opinions of a cool Jap type 38   Opinions of a cool Jap type 38  

Opinions of a cool Jap type 38  

Default re: Opinions of a cool Jap type 38

More pictures of the markings would help. But I think the gun itself is neat. Did you pay a lot for it?

love it ty for the pics it has a great looking finish even down to the hole in it you are a lucky man, has it been reblued od you think?? coz its incredibly clean on the metalwork

There appears to be no rebluing at all. I got it yesterday in pieces. I got a good look at the parts and no extra finishes except for what I feel is 60+ years of a reddish brown substance which I feel belonged to a japanese arm. LOL

well i think its a nice looking piece in remarkable condition the hole just adds history to it !!!

Looks good to me great to see the MUM intact. Eric

Default Re: Opinions of a cool Jap type 38

The gent asked me for 100.00 US dollars. Stuff just keeps coming out of the woodwork.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions of a cool Jap type 38   Opinions of a cool Jap type 38  

Last edited by ncblksmth1; 08-10-2010 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Photos added

?

You got a very good deal.It`s a 22nd series Kokura with a matching bayonet ( or maybe you already knew that )
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Teach me more. How do you know that?

What is the chance that Blood could still be on this weapon after all those years?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast