Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ordering from the US

Article about: Hi Guys I'm looking at ordering some peripheral parts from the US (where spares seem available, unlike the UK) for some of my deact collection (sling, mag, trigger guard, butt plate etc), is

All sounds like a Royal Pain but that's what they want it so people just don't bother!

I buy in parts from the USA quite a lot. If it’s legal to own here then there is no issue importing at our end, the US exporter will have to comply with ITAR but it’s not normally a problem for small non pressure bearing parts. Import duty is a killer though. I just bought 12 used Colt M4 carbine side sling fittings for £98, shipping was £20. HMC charged me £20 import duty (no VAT) and the post office ab £8 handling fee!

I also buy items from Brownells and again, no issue, just very slow due to the way they ship.

Magazines don’t have to be deactivated. It’s the gun that’s deactivated in such a way to prevent the fitting of a non modified magazine. I purchased 2 Colt AR15 mags last month, no problems.

Bayonets can be an issue but shouldn’t. I’ve heard of bayonets sold on eBay.com that have been sent using the global shipping system, have been confiscated en route and seller or buyer have been compensated, how that works or is legal I don’t know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12