Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ortgies anyone?

Article about: My father picked this one up with the holster from a vet many many years ago. Never have fired it, always considered these surrender or suicide guns only. Not much good for anything else.

Default Ortgies anyone?

My father picked this one up with the holster from a vet many many years ago. Never have fired it, always considered these surrender or suicide guns only. Not much good for anything else.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ortgies anyone?   Ortgies anyone?  

Ortgies anyone?   Ortgies anyone?  

I read the title a little too fast. No orgies in this thread!

Looks like a very nice pistol to me! Good craftmanship, don't understand why you would call it a 'surrender or suicide guns only'. Looks like a 7.65 mm to me.

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Looks like a very nice pistol to me! Good craftmanship, don't understand why you would call it a 'surrender or suicide guns only'. Looks like a 7.65 mm to me.

It is a 7.65 but with such a short barrel the muzzle velocity out of one of these is so low that they really aren't good for much. It is more a ceremonial gun.

Actually, I've always liked the little Ortgies. They were Very well made-simple, sleek and all business. This one here is in Superb condition and it has a holster to boot? A great little gun I wouldn't mind at all having myself!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Definitely a great collection starter, if you're getting into the hobby, not much out there available for what these sell for.

Nice example, OP.

?

These are nice little pistols. I have shot an owned several. They are perfectly safe to shot. I have an old article from Gun Digest about them. They were very popular among gangsters and criminals back in the day.
    Nice pick.

There was a glitch when I hit the "what's new". The page only showed one thread and no others , this one, with the title "Orgies Anyone?". Needless to say I was setback and confused for a moment.

?

I was a little let down when I opened the thread. I thought it said "orgies"
    Nice weapon.

?

Max, I know you are a pistol guy, but I believe you are selling the Ortgies short. This little pistol came in three calibers and was incredibly well made and had a unique design. Like other pistols, once you shoot it and strip and clean it, you develop an appreciation for it. Perhaps if you shoot it and appreciate the complexity of its design when stripping it for cleaning, you would understand what I mean. Reassembly can be a bitch, but these are unique little pistols.
    Regards,
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast