Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ortgies rig with capture document...

Article about: I acquired this Ortgies rig recently. The pistol's slide is stamped with an entwined script "BS" on the slide. I've owned a Kar98a with the same mark on the receiver and stock and

?

Your original message prior to editing:
    "if I'm not mistaken, this gun is made after may 45, marked Germany for export, and I think the entwined BS is an exporters mark, or a distributers mark of some kind."

Deutsche Werke ceased Ortgies production circa 1923 so there is no way it was made post '45. It appears as if all Ortgies after serial # 60000 were marked "Germany" so the presence of that marking is no guarantor that the pistol ever left Germany. The meaning of the BS logo is unknown. If you want to believe that it's an exporter or distributor mark please feel free to do so. Opinions are like sphincters , everybody has one.

?

as you say PRIOR to my edit seconds later when I realized my mistake on the time period of manufacture. I had something else in mind. if you cant pardon my mistake that I edited, to bad, I'm not loosing any sleep over it. and if you actually read my post I never said it left Germany. obviously from the military release papers it left Germany in 46 it was stamped Germany with the intention of export, that's just a fact. that's not to say a GI could not have gotten a hold of one before it was exported. and by the paperwork obviously he did. it was only my opinion that the BS could be an exporter or distributor. it was only a thought and my opinion. but does seem logical since there is no pre 45 reference to it that I can find. but if you think the opinions of others are like sphincters. look at your self in the mirror smart mouth. i'll be more of a gentleman than you and not tell you what you can do with your opinion. your attitude is childish and unwarranted. but perhaps that's your best manners .

?

Nice pull! Love when they have all the bells and whistles with them like this.
    They are also fun to shot.
    Good job.

?

I agree with Popeye, very nice set up w/ provenance. I especially love the " tigering " to the wood grips
    Thanks for sharing!

Also, please guys..lets be respectful here. We like to keep a reputation of being a cut above the other sites out there .
    Thanks,
    Dean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2