Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

OSS Issue Colt 'COMMANDO' Revolver

Article about: Enjoy this OSS issued Colt 'COMMANDO' Revolver.. I acquired it form a local family who's father was with the OSS in WW2 and carried this Colt revolver the whole time he was in the service, a

Default OSS Issue Colt 'COMMANDO' Revolver

Enjoy this OSS issued Colt 'COMMANDO' Revolver.. I acquired it form a local family who's father was with the OSS in WW2 and carried this Colt revolver the whole time he was in the service, all over Europe.. Notice Military inspection marks of US Ordnance Flaming Bomb, and inspector initials GHD..(GUY H. DREWRY)...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OSS Issue Colt 'COMMANDO' Revolver   OSS Issue Colt 'COMMANDO' Revolver  

OSS Issue Colt 'COMMANDO' Revolver   OSS Issue Colt 'COMMANDO' Revolver  

OSS Issue Colt 'COMMANDO' Revolver  
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 08-06-2008 at 02:39 AM.
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Johnnie
    ?

Default Re: OSS Issue Colt 'COMMANDO' Revolver

Nice revolver Bill, and I'M sure a rare one. Thanks for sharing.

Johnnie

wdolan
    ?

That's a real beauty... I'm hoping you will reply to my query - I'm looking to find more information regarding Mr. Drewry; can you direct me to any resources?

Thank you,
    Bill Dolan

wjdolan@aim.com
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 08-06-2008 at 02:40 AM.

Quote by wdolan View Post
    That's a real beauty... I'm hoping you will reply to my query - I'm looking to find more information regarding Mr. Drewry; can you direct me to any resources?

Thank you,
    Bill Dolan

wjdolan@aim.com
    GHD

totse.com | U.S. Military Inspector Marks
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 08-06-2008 at 02:41 AM.
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Guy H. Drewry @ Aberdeen Proving Grounds::::He would later become a General...

Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. Lieutenant Guy H. Drewry, U.S.A. (center), aide-de-camp to Major-General Charles T. Harris, Jr., commanding the Aberdeen Proving Ground, pointing out important features of the eight inch howitzer to Chinese Major-General Dai-Fung King (right) and his aide-de-camp, Captain Zeit Wang (left). The two are members of the Chinese military mission to the United States.
    Source
    Attached Images Attached Images OSS Issue Colt 'COMMANDO' Revolver 
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 08-06-2008 at 02:41 AM.