Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Outstanding wood on 98k!!!

Article about: I've noticed the buttstock of my 98k has some pretty amazing tiger stripe it, really striking in the right light! It's an older import RC DOT 43 with a very discreet import mark, but the but

Default Outstanding wood on 98k!!!

I've noticed the buttstock of my 98k has some pretty amazing tiger stripe it, really striking in the right light! It's an older import RC DOT 43 with a very discreet import mark, but the buttstock is WaA63, so this maybe wood that went to something else originally? Either way, it's beautiful! This was a woodwork find, and really changed my mind about RC 98's, of course though like I said it's an older import one, maybe loads nicer than what's out there now. There is no electro penciling on any of the parts ;-)

I couldn't get the camera to pick it up as well as I would have liked, like most figured wood, you have to be at just the right angle for it to really pop out.

Outstanding wood on 98k!!!
    Last edited by Doppelgänger; 05-05-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Default Re: Outstanding wood on 98k!!!

Very nice look on the butt stock of the 98 !

Nice indeed. I noticed that it has the forged butt plate instead of the cupped variety that was frequently used by 1943. Possibly changed during war as you surmise. Hold onto it as even R/Cs are getting scarcer as collectors buy them up. I parted with a BYF 44 years back for $500 and that is a common code. Thanks for showing a fine piece.

Hey, thx for the response. Maybe I'll take pics of the entire rifle ;-) I prefer the look of the cupped plate, and always like the lam wood as well, maybe another like that will pop up for me? I'm pretty pleased with this one, I should take it out to the range and see what it does, along with a few other relics I picked out...