Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

P 38, byf 44

Article about: Here is a pistol that is in my collection. I wanted one that would represent what would have been issued to my father and since I do not collect firearms per se, I opted for a de-activated o

Default Re: P 38, byf 44

I have a Garand that i wont shoot,, well i shot a complete clip through it when i first got it but that was it. it was made in 1942 and issued to a coastwatcher who took it straight home. It sat there till i bought it 10 yrs. go, for all intents and purposes its brand new. Its a real shame that most European countries wont allow thier citizens to keep personal firearms, especially the UK, being an ex pat from there it saddens me to see that.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Nice looking pistol. Don't feel too bad about your de-acts over there. Even thought it stinks not being able to fire them these guns are gettin more valuable by the minute. I have a Mauser all matching I will not fire for fear of breaking something. I know many will not agree but hate to break and replace with unmatching part and destroy value. To each his own.
    Thank you!
    I would probably not fire it if it were not de-activated either.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Glad to hear some agree. All matching Kar 98ks in good shape with sling are bringing close to $1500 out my way. SS contract ones are around $5000 if you can find one. I will be looking for a P-38 shortly. Best Wishes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12