MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

P 38, byf 44

Article about: Here is a pistol that is in my collection. I wanted one that would represent what would have been issued to my father and since I do not collect firearms per se, I opted for a de-activated o

Default P 38, byf 44

Here is a pistol that is in my collection. I wanted one that would represent what would have been issued to my father and since I do not collect firearms per se, I opted for a de-activated one. This one was purchased by me active, sent to a gun shop, and de-activated according to the laws here. Since the gun laws had recently been changed, it was reasonably cheap to purchase. This decision was made some time ago when it was not possible for me to own an active one. Since then, I have some regrets but, since there is no problem for me to own it, I am still happy that I did what I did. It was purchased with the intent to display it with a reproduction Panzer wrapper.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P 38,  byf 44   P 38,  byf 44  

P 38,  byf 44   P 38,  byf 44  

P 38,  byf 44   P 38,  byf 44  

P 38,  byf 44  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default Re: P 38, byf 44

Like most countrys, live guns are not allowed.
    No shame in that, and your`s is a lovely example.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Thank you Nuno!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

A very nice example Ive just recently bought of these myself the other day already de-act 1 of the perks for living in Britain....lol. I think mine was 1943 & I see yours is 44, both our pistols are excellent samples...Its a nice looking weapon. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    A very nice example Ive just recently bought of these myself the other day already de-act 1 of the perks for living in Britain....lol. I think mine was 1943 & I see yours is 44, both our pistols are excellent samples...Its a nice looking weapon. Cheers Terry.
    Thanks Terry!
    Is the one that you posted de-activated? If so, can it be field stripped and can the clip be removed? The laws here require that mine can not.
    I am guessing that the extra stamps on the receiver are to indicate that it has been de-activated.
    Ralph.

?

Hello Ralph Yeah you can cock mine & remove the magazine!! Im not sure about stripping it because I havent held it yet!! I work away & the Missus showed me it on Skype!! I didnt want her breaking something by attempting to strip it so I will have a play when I get home... But I do have a few other pistols de-act & you can strip them.. Im not sure about any markings on my pistol!! In the UK I dont think they have to mark them up to say that is a de-act!!! Cheers Terry.

Thanks Terry.
    I am able to cock mine as well but, not able to remove the magazine. (that may change soon)
    Ralph.

?

yeah go for it !! just dont caught lol...Cheers Terry

yes,, pretty much identical,, mine is an "i" suffix, so it is made a little earlier than yours. JT

Nice looking pistol. Don't feel too bad about your de-acts over there. Even thought it stinks not being able to fire them these guns are gettin more valuable by the minute. I have a Mauser all matching I will not fire for fear of breaking something. I know many will not agree but hate to break and replace with unmatching part and destroy value. To each his own.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast