Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

P38 Gestapo

Article about: Hi All I am new to this site today, Can anybody help me with any info reference the WW2 short barreled P38, often refered to as the P38 Gestapo

motomike
    ?

Default P38 Gestapo

Hi All
    I am new to this site today,
    Can anybody help me with any info reference the WW2 short barreled P38,
    often refered to as the P38 Gestapo

Default Re: P38 Gestapo

Quote by motomike View Post
    Hi All
    I am new to this site today,
    Can anybody help me with any info reference the WW2 short barreled P38,
    often refered to as the P38 Gestapo
    I am sure that there were a few...But the best of the P-38 collectors state that they have never seen a real one.. Most of all of them that are found, that have thought to be real have been proven to be fakes after a X-Ray study of the weapon...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

motomike
    ?

Thanks Bill

Where was the forward sight,on the frame or on the barrel ?

Quote by motomike View Post
    Thanks Bill

Where was the forward sight,on the frame or on the barrel ?
    On The frame...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

crashdive
    ?

Hi Folks:

My first post.....

In the book "German small arms" by AJR Cormack, he shows a short barreled P-38 made by cyq. ( page 20) I think there my be one in the U.S. military academy at West point.

crashdive

There is very little evidence to suggest that a short barelled P38 was ever produced in WW2.

There was a P38K manufactured by Carl Walther between 1974 and 1981. S/N range 500,001-502,595

I suspect that there are a few unofficial post war modifications around as well.

The P38 Gestapo is something of a myth I'm afraid.

Regards

Richie

Hello,
    There are no documented "short barreled"or "presentation" P.38's assembled during WWII.
    Cheers,
    Jason

crashdive
    ?

Cool Re: P38 Gestapo

Hay Guys:

Input to any forum is always enjoyeble to read but lets get the facts right before making sweeping statments. As to no short barreled P-38 made in WW II, get in your car and drive to fort Benning Georga, go in the U.S. Army Infantry Museum at Fort Benning where they have a Spreewerke example, serial number 2344, along with a LONG barreled AC 41 !!!!

Both examples are also shown in the reference book "Small Arms in Profile", vol 1

crashdive

Quote by crashdive View Post
    Hay Guys:

Input to any forum is always enjoyeble to read but lets get the facts right before making sweeping statments. As to no short barreled P-38 made in WW II, get in your car and drive to fort Benning Georga, go in the U.S. Army Infantry Museum at Fort Benning where they have a Spreewerke example, serial number 2344, along with a LONG barreled AC 41 !!!!

Both examples are also shown in the reference book "Small Arms in Profile", vol 1

crashdive
    Go say this on the P.38 forum and you will have an interesting result
    Welcome to the P38 Web Site....
    There are no documented P.38's with "long barrels","short barrels"
    produced in WWII.These guns you speak of must be experiments,but were not production guns.
    Cheers,
    Jason