Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

P38 info and value

Article about: We have a P38 we are looking to sell. Need to get some info on the markings and what it's estimated value is. Has the eagle stamped with 359 underneath it on the frame and twice on the slide

Default P38 info and value

We have a P38 we are looking to sell. Need to get some info on the markings and what it's estimated value is. Has the eagle stamped with 359 underneath it on the frame and twice on the slide. SN- 9461 m ac 43. Our dad was a collector and kept his firearms in pristine condition. Enjoy the pics and thanks in advance. If this isn't the proper forum to post this in, please let me know.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P38 info and value   P38 info and value  

P38 info and value   P38 info and value  

P38 info and value  

?

The forum doesn't give appraisals sir.
    I would advise that you check arms dealers sites.

?

A registered member since 2014 ? The proper forum IMO GUN BROKER or other places... you should by know by now this is not the "Help me get appraisal" service. Sheesh...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Valuation isn't as important. More looking for a better understand of all the markings and the potential history of.

Quote by Gwar View Post
    A registered member since 2014 ? The proper forum IMO GUN BROKER or other places... you should by know by now this is not the "Help me get appraisal" service. Sheesh...
    Guess we just don't have enough time to have a beyond repute reputation and 3600+ posts. Our father passed away unexpectedly and left with an immense amount of "stuff". We appreciate those who can help educate us as to what's worth keeping, and learn more about his private interests/collections.

As far as the markings go, the AC43 signifies that it was made by Walther and in 1943. The Eagle over the 359 is the inspector's mark. This particular P38 is one of 50,000 made in that serial number block and is known as the "AC 43 2nd variation" because of small differences from the previous and the later serial number blocks. There were well over 2 dozen variations of the Walther P-38. This one is a common mid to late war. It looks to have all matching numbers on the parts and is in decent condition. It is certainly collectable, but not worth an enormous amount, so don't head down to the Jaguar dealership just yet...

A good website for info on these is: Untitled Document
    Last edited by Wagriff; 07-14-2016 at 01:20 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Not an appraisal by any means but I regularly see similar examples sell from 600-900$ here in Canada. Definatly not a rare piece but your seems to be very well kept. these guns were designed to replace the more expensive Lugers in the German army during the war.

?

Quote by Kuhns Kloset View Post
    Guess we just don't have enough time to have a beyond repute reputation and 3600+ posts. Our father passed away unexpectedly and left with an immense amount of "stuff". We appreciate those who can help educate us as to what's worth keeping, and learn more about his private interests/collections.
    No offense. But as stated, we are not as a fact an appraisal service.. My posts + or minus have little to do with the forum status and guidelines set forth by the rules... I wish you well and I hope that the process of grief is short lived and a good remembrance of a great man... With regards.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Phil97 View Post
    Not an appraisal by any means but I regularly see similar examples sell from 600-900$ here in Canada. Definatly not a rare piece but your seems to be very well kept. these guns were designed to replace the more expensive Lugers in the German army during the war.
    Which in real money is about 150 bucks US or 10 pounds sterling.

Just kidding friend. I just wanted to get a rise out of you. I like kidding my cousins to the north.

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Which in real money is about 150 bucks US or 10 pounds sterling.

Just kidding friend. I just wanted to get a rise out of you. I like kidding my cousins to the north.
    hey now no need to be mean ahahahaha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast