Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

p38 and ppk questions

Article about: I recently recieved the guns my grandfather owned. From what I was told my grandfather took a p38 and a ppk off of a german soldier. Im having a hard time finding the variant and worth of th

bboater
    ?

Default p38 and ppk questions

I recently recieved the guns my grandfather owned. From what I was told my grandfather took a p38 and a ppk off of a german soldier. Im having a hard time finding the variant and worth of these guns any help would be great. They are in pristine condition. But not refinished. Would love to find the history behind them. Believe I have pics of him with the guns in Germany also.
    P38 serial 2190 g ac 44
    eagle with 359 under it
    two tone almost a redish barrel and reciever
    blued slide
    All matching numbers

PPK 793928
    blued finish
    7.65 mm

bboater
    ?

Default Re: p38 and ppk questions

Also have his service 1911 45 acp. with a 22 cal. barrel. sn 447366

Hello bboater,
    Your P.38 was manufactured by Walther in July 1944.The "reddish" color on some parts is quite common in these guns,and is believed to be due to faults in the bluing process.
    Your PPK was manufactured in mid to late 1933 by Walther.
    If you can provide some photos we can give you more info.
    Regards,
    Jason
    Here is a pic of my ac44 g block #4777. Note the reddish frame on mine too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture p38 and ppk questions  

bboater
    ?

Trying to post pics but they are not showing up to well

bboater
    ?

p38
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture p38 and ppk questions   p38 and ppk questions  

p38 and ppk questions   p38 and ppk questions  

bboater
    ?

Ppk Let me know if there is more detail you need.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture p38 and ppk questions   p38 and ppk questions  

p38 and ppk questions  

bboater
    ?

I think my lights in my house are to bright! cant get a good pic the numbers are clear as day but not in the photos.

Ah,OK a picture is worth a thousand words....
    The P.38 looks pretty good.Look at the proof on the frame Eagle 359.It has the exact same "rub" mark as mine....very cool!!! The finish looks good.The holster looks like a nice pebble grain.What are the markings on the back? CXB 4? The mag should be marked Eagle/359 as well.This rig is worth about 800.00 usd +/-
    The PPK is nice too.Finish looks OK,standard commercial model with Crown/N proofs.Crack in the grip hurts it( but is common).
    What are the markings on the holster?This rig is worth about 8/900.00usd depending on the markings on the holster.
    Here is a P.38 pebble grain from my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture p38 and ppk questions  

bboater
    ?

yep CBX 4 and p39

bboater
    ?

If I could get good pictures the PPK is like new but my camera doesnt is not working with me. Funny thing is I thought the PPK was fairly new Because the blueing is a good as my new guns.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.