Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pair of Reisings

Article about: M65, 22 LR on top M50, 45 ACP on bottom. Both have had a lot of use but run like sewing machines. Reising pouch is a bit different from the TSMG and marked USMC on back.

?

Default Pair of Reisings

M65, 22 LR on top M50, 45 ACP on bottom. Both have had a lot of use but run like sewing machines. Reising pouch is a bit different from the TSMG and marked USMC on back.

Default Re: Pair of Reisings

The M50 Reisings are great shooting guns.....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

You are right as always Uncle Bill. The surprise is the well worn M65 Reising 22LR and how accurate it still is. I think it was made to simulate the M1 rifle but operates like the M50 SMG. (closed bolt, cocks under fore end) My Dad bought it right after WWII for $20 and that included a case of ammo. He gave it to me a few months ago. PS I am looking for an elevation knob if you see one. It is a standard Redfield target sight. Dad lost it years ago.

These are very rare in the UK and Europe. I don't think I have ever seen one outside of photos before? Thanks for showing. I was interested to know how they fired.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Ade

Do you want pics of sear/disconnector/bolt or just in general how they are fired? A friend has a cut away of the Model 50 SMG. I took some pics if I can find them.

They are both closed bolt and cock with the actuator under the front of the stock. You can see the finger grooves in the pic if you look for it. The Model 50 is selective fire and since it fires from a closed bolt like the more modern SMGs it is much more accurate than the open bolt sub guns as Bill says. The M65 (22LR) is semi only and also fires form a closed bolt. After all the rounds (thousands) fired through it it still shoots great.

Small Arms Review had pics of some M65s and/or M165s (civilian version) that were converted to full auto a few months ago. The M165s are easier to find and he prob used them for the conversion but I do not remember.

Oh just remembered I had a youtube of my son shooting a Model 50s. By the way, thousands of rounds and never a jam or misfire. They may have been too fragile for the Pacific Theater but if they are tuned up and you keep sand and salt water out of them they work fine.

YouTube - reising

Thanks for the extra info. If you can find the cutaway view that would be great.

Cheers, Ade.

?

like that?

nice)

So Ade , d ya know bout reisings in landlease?

Hi Glymov, no I had not heard of them being used for Lend Lease?

Thanks for the diagram.

Cheers, Ade.

PS Your avatar is crazy!

?

yah camerad.. Tommies 28,28a1,m1a1 Colt 1911 brown 1919 on vihicles and reisings.

?

On avatar its a sapeur cat) its a jok in russian sapernaya koshka its a
    1)hook with rope
    2) its a cat of sapeur squad))))

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast