Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerfaust 60 m

Article about: Had this one for a while. It's got a lot of paint left, some surface rust throughout but all solid --- the stenciled Warning labels still shows all over the tube, although a bit faint in pla

Default Panzerfaust 60 m

Had this one for a while. It's got a lot of paint left, some surface rust throughout but all solid --- the stenciled Warning labels still shows all over the tube, although a bit faint in places. Seems to have been stored or buried in a relatively stable and dry environment (lots of red sandy soil all over when first received), never fired.

Amazingly enough the seller, which is a very well known European dealer, managed to ship this to me with the black powder charge still intact --- I was not happy. The charge has been emptied now though but there's still something blocking the tube --- looking at cross section images of this type it appears this would be the tail fin still in there... could anyone confirm?

Anyway, hope you like it!

Panzerfaust 60 mPanzerfaust 60 mPanzerfaust 60 mPanzerfaust 60 mPanzerfaust 60 mPanzerfaust 60 mPanzerfaust 60 mPanzerfaust 60 mPanzerfaust 60 mPanzerfaust 60 mPanzerfaust 60 mPanzerfaust 60 mPanzerfaust 60 mPanzerfaust 60 mPanzerfaust 60 m

MAP
    ?

Very nice. Can't believe it was shipped with the powder charge.

I have one of these as well. It is my understanding (and please don't take this as gospel) that there is a metal plate in the tube. The force generated by the war head pushing the tube backwards would be counteracted by the black powder charge. Maybe that is what you see.

Anyway, assume I am wrong and wait for other opinions as this is something you don't want to get wrong.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you, Michael! Yes, couldn't really believe it either... considering the years of experience the guy has dealing in deact ww2 guns and ww2 items in general I was astounded that he did this to say the least--- he appeared humbled and sincerely apologetic when I made him aware of this major blunder...

I actually looked around a bit more and found that the actual warhead is a separate piece to the tailfin/rear part of the projectile, meaning the two would separate and that the cupped part with the tailfin is still in there.. maybe I'm wrong but that's what it seems to me right now.
    I measure 53cm until it stops from the rear side of the tube, 11cm until it stops from the front... seems to match up with the wartime schematics of where the tailfin part starts and ends ----

Panzerfaust 60 mPanzerfaust 60 m

Here's an image I just found that illustrates a bit further how these projectiles seem to be detachable into two separate parts --- mine having only the tailfin part, missing the warhead. At least now it seems confirmed that what's still in there on mine is the "benign" tail end part of the projectile, nothing more to worry about. Now I just need to find myself a nice deact warhead...

Panzerfaust 60 m

Panzerfaust 60 m - atelier Tisseron - Reproductions de militaria

perhaps you can buy the head here, you can ask one piece from the ground.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Thanks! Noticed that link earlier but didn't really know what to make of the actual product offered --- so, "aspect terrain" would be a ground dug example?

No, dirty....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

My 30 is not cleaned.

MAP
    ?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Thank you, Michael! Yes, couldn't really believe it either... considering the years of experience the guy has dealing in deact ww2 guns and ww2 items in general I was astounded that he did this to say the least--- he appeared humbled and sincerely apologetic when I made him aware of this major blunder...

I actually looked around a bit more and found that the actual warhead is a separate piece to the tailfin/rear part of the projectile, meaning the two would separate and that the cupped part with the tailfin is still in there.. maybe I'm wrong but that's what it seems to me right now.
    I measure 53cm until it stops from the rear side of the tube, 11cm until it stops from the front... seems to match up with the wartime schematics of where the tailfin part starts and ends ----

Panzerfaust 60 mPanzerfaust 60 m
    Yes, this is correct. But when fired the tail fine should have exited the tube along with the war head.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ah, aged repro then --- doesn't look bad at all. Something to consider at least, we'll see. Thanks again for the tip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast