Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Panzerfaust help

Article about: An example of the color-charade mentioned above: two Volkssturm men (of course an elderly gent and a youngish pup in the same foxhole) manning a position in Ratibor, Silesia. Although the wa

Thumbs up Panzerfaust help

hello, I got this panzerfaust in the mail on Saturday and I am planning to restore it but I want to make sure it is original as I didn't ask before. the owner said it had been sandblasted and primed and was ground dug.

any opinions on originality would be appreciated

thanks in advance
    john

Panzerfaust helpPanzerfaust helpPanzerfaust helpPanzerfaust helpPanzerfaust helpPanzerfaust helpPanzerfaust helpPanzerfaust helpPanzerfaust helpPanzerfaust help

Default Re: Panzerfaust help

where these shot out of something or thrown. got character.

?

They were fired almost like a bazooka.
    Some soldiers held the barrel under the armbit and they used the sight to "lob" the charge into a tank or other target of choice. After it were used, they threw away the used barrel. It was ment to be a one shot weapon, then get a new one from the supply. They had different charges, I dont recall the names anymore but i believe the heaviest was PanzerFaust 160.

English is not my language, so i hope you understand.

you explained that very well .thanks

?

I found this online. I am alittle rusty when it comes to the numbers of the charges, so i were clearly wrong in the specification. I include the link where i found the data- i do not know what online blog this is. I just borrowed the photo.

Sipsey Street Irregulars: Absolved, Chapter Seven. Improvised Munitions, Inc.
    Attached Images Attached Images Panzerfaust help 

Is this safe? As well as the obvious warhead charge there is a second black powder charge in the tube itself that you need to be careful of.

Good original 60M.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Is this safe? As well as the obvious warhead charge there is a second black powder charge in the tube itself that you need to be careful of.
    Amazing what you can get in the mail. This one blew me away. think you're right concerning the charge.

My understanding is that there is no black powder charge in the tube. I believe it was expelled using a propellant, (gas). This is the reason that it was difficult for troops to determine where it was fired from as there was no blast, so to speak.
    John, I have responded to your questions on WAF also.
    I would recommend using a high fill primer instead of body filler as filler is very difficult to apply and sand to a proper round shape.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    My understanding is that there is no black powder charge in the tube. I believe it was expelled using a propellant, (gas). This is the reason that it was difficult for troops to determine where it was fired from as there was no blast, so to speak.
    John, I have responded to your questions on WAF also.
    I would recommend using a high fill primer instead of body filler as filler is very difficult to apply and sand to a proper round shape.
    Ralph.
    Enjoyed your comments concerning charge. Did not know what was used for propellant although I would enjoy reading up on this weapon. Quite a keepsake I must admit.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast